Surplus Husqvarna Mausers in 9.3x62

Yep....If you do find a Husky in 9,3, look carefully because some were re-barreled as 9,3x57.
Not rebarreled usually, but rechambered as they have the same bore etc.

The 9.3X57s are marked "Kal. 9.3mm" on the top of the barrel. The true 9.3X62s are stamped as such.
Of course, nothing fundamentally wrong with a rechambered X57, but so many have been and are still being done that a good original 9.3X57 is now becoming a rarity.
The majority of these rifles are also drilled and tapped for scopes so finding an unaltered example isn't so easy any more.

Not rebarreled usually, but rechambered as they have the same bore etc.

The 9.3X57s are marked "Kal. 9.3mm" on the top of the barrel. The true 9.3X62s are stamped as such.
Of course, nothing fundamentally wrong with a rechambered X57, but so many have been and are still being done that a good original 9.3X57 is now becoming a rarity.
The majority of these rifles are also drilled and tapped for scopes so finding an unaltered example isn't so easy any more.
The Huskys are fine pieces to be sure. The ones I saw were re-barreled, probably due to worn out barrels. I would have bought one of them 'cause they were beautiful, but I was unwilling to pay the elevated price and the seller wouldn't budge....damn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HansByers9

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.