Supressors good and bad?

I don't yet have a supressor but after using one in SA I'm going to order one probably next month but which? It'll be a 30 cal first and used in my 300wm and 308win with subs for pigs. I hear a lot about the Banish line but also hear their not as good as they claim they just have great marketing. Nothing but good talk about Thunderbeast but they are HIGH. So what do you guys use and recommend? The subs in 308 probably won't no used past 150 yards but the 300WM obviously will be much further so accuracy is top of the list then decibel suppression then size and weight. The 300 has a 24" barrel already so I'd rather not have a 14" can on top of that. Thanks for the help guys
For just regular old hunting use look at the Silencerco Harvester EVO. I have one that I love. Light weight and short compared to others. Good sound suppression. Relatively inexpensive compared to many other options. Mine gets switched around between several rifles between .243 win and .300 win mag. I’ve got a separate YHM turbo t2 for my AR type rifles in 5.56mm.

Until they are no longer restricted by the BATF in the US, I would not purchase one.

Never invite THE MAN into your life.
If you have purchased a gun you are already on the radar. Might as well enjoy the experience with a suppressor. I thought that way for a long time, I regret not running suppressors sooner than I did.

KGM is stopping direct to consumer sales and there were some really good deals to be had on the r-30. If you can find one on sale they are really great suppressors. I picked up a second one recently.

KGM is stopping direct to consumer sales and there were some really good deals to be had on the r-30. If you can find one on sale they are really great suppressors. I picked up a second one recently.

Haha I purchased 5 R556 cans when they went on sale.

I'm really surprised at the bad experiences with Dead Air, I was exorcism to hear more bad about the Banish honestly. This is why I ask you boys first lol. Always want to hear from the experts. Thanks for the info guys

One word. In fact only one letter. Q. If it’s 30 cal

Thunder Chicken or Trash Panda

Live Q or Die!

I own a Razor Rugged Razor 7.62 suppressor, they have lifetime warranty, are full auto rated, and they are not heavy at all. I bought several muzzle adapters and can switch the suppressor from one AR to another. I like this can, it does what it's supposed to do, and it did not break the bank either. For what I use it, it is perfect.

Do you guys in the states see any of the NZ company’s out there? Have a look for http://www.dpt.co.nz/ see if they import to the states. good product I’ve got one on my rifle here in the UK and one back in NZ.
Both are over the barrel and both you can field strip. Not that I do but i do clean them after each outing. For those that don’t know a lot about suppressors never store your rifle with them attached!
The dpt models are lite also the ones that I have the first baffle is stainless which helps slow the pitting.
Reason for having them. Saves the hearing. Also with big heard management it dose confuse the animals on where the shot has come from.
Other things to w out for. If you do have a carbon rap barrel don’t take long shot strings. The Suppressor will hold the heat and the carbon rap will accentuate this so you can stuff cook your barrel very quickly.
Cheers

Has anyone
Used the Banish Backcountry?

Do you guys in the states see any of the NZ company’s out there? Have a look for http://www.dpt.co.nz/ see if they import to the states. good product I’ve got one on my rifle here in the UK and one back in NZ.
Both are over the barrel and both you can field strip. Not that I do but i do clean them after each outing. For those that don’t know a lot about suppressors never store your rifle with them attached!
The dpt models are lite also the ones that I have the first baffle is stainless which helps slow the pitting.
Reason for having them. Saves the hearing. Also with big heard management it dose confuse the animals on where the shot has come from.
Other things to w out for. If you do have a carbon rap barrel don’t take long shot strings. The Suppressor will hold the heat and the carbon rap will accentuate this so you can stuff cook your barrel very quickly.
Cheers
I think that's the brand that my outfitter uses but he says they won't ship to the US for whatever reason

Cheers

What is wrong with storing them attached?

I was wondering the same thing. Obviously a normal case isn't long enough but I wouldn't mind keeping one on an AR by the door for coons or coyotes

They can carbon lock, they can also drop trash down your barrel. I leave mine attached, I break mine loose after every outing to keep them from locking up.

Side note, you should weigh them when you get them. Save the weight somewhere, when the weight increases by 1oz they need to be cleaned.

They can carbon lock, they can also drop trash down your barrel. I leave mine attached, I break mine loose after every outing to keep them from locking up.

Side note, you should weigh them when you get them. Save the weight somewhere, when the weight increases by 1oz they need to be cleaned.

Makes sense. I use the silencerco quick connect system on my AR’s. I doubt those coarse threads would carbon lock. I can see it happening in a direct connect scenario.

I put anti seize on the threads of mine to keep them from carbon locking. On both Direct threads and quick detach and the front caps.

Reactions: WAB
Makes sense. I use the silencerco quick connect system on my AR’s. I doubt those coarse threads would carbon lock. I can see it happening in a direct connect scenario.

Surefire suppressors will carbon lock too, at whick point you unlockthe ring and shoot the can off the barrel. Carbon lock happens mainly due to volume. Think of 3D printing over the surfaces with carbon. That's why I break it before it goes back in the safe.

Reactions: WAB
I own a Razor Rugged Razor 7.62 suppressor, they have lifetime warranty, are full auto rated, and they are not heavy at all. I bought several muzzle adapters and can switch the suppressor from one AR to another. I like this can, it does what it's supposed to do, and it did not break the bank either. For what I use it, it is perfect.
Agree, Rugged would be my choice for best quality for the price point, I own a number of them and really am impressed with the versatility too. Check out the Alaskan 360 or Radiant, and the Silencershop online usually has some good sales/rebates/offers. I love the Radiant on my 22-250, 308, and 300Wby and NO accuracy issues. Some of the long range guys use a slightly larger cap, but I havent personally had an issue (i.e. use a 30cal front cap on a .22cal gun).

I personally own and will give a quick mention on the following:

B&T - Awesome quality, sound, but made really for one firearm and mostly for high round subguns. Also, very expensive.

Rugged - again, can't say enough good about them.

Deadair - pretty good sound suppression, average quality, but you will be frustrated trying to find parts. They hire out many of their parts, and haven't been able to control quality, nor supply. They know it and don't care. Customer service is absolutely nonexistent. 2 is enough, I'll never own another. Sat on my Primal for over a year before finding an alternative part to jerry-rig a fix.

Silencerco - very similar to Deadair above. Also terrible customer service. I think the Deadair and Silencerco guys split. Both SLC. UT companies and it seems many parts are interchangeable. I use a Silencerco trilug on my Deadair Primal. Again, wouldn't own another than the 2 I have of these as well.

Liberty - awesome customer service. Good quality for the price, not a ton of technical innovation nor options, but pretty happy with mine, although it is a very large suppressor.

Gemtech - great customer service, great quality. A little high priced I think, but like both of mine. Haven't really came out with much "new" for a while, but seem to be getting back in the game.

Thunderbeast - If money weren't an issue, this is all I'd own. Best sound suppression, great customer service, awesome quality, but damn! They're proud of their product. I use one on a 30-378 and people at the range always come up to ask about it because it's so quiet. They often think I'm shooting a 6.5 creedmore.

Just my personal experiences, Im sure many will differ. You may want to speak with someone at Silencershop for thoughts, they've been really helpful to me in the past. My next will be a HuxWrx. Good luck!!!

Agree, Rugged would be my choice for best quality for the price point, I own a number of them and really am impressed with the versatility too. Check out the Alaskan 360 or Radiant, and the Silencershop online usually has some good sales/rebates/offers. I love the Radiant on my 22-250, 308, and 300Wby and NO accuracy issues. Some of the long range guys use a slightly larger cap, but I havent personally had an issue (i.e. use a 30cal front cap on a .22cal gun).

I personally own and will give a quick mention on the following:

B&T - Awesome quality, sound, but made really for one firearm and mostly for high round subguns. Also, very expensive.

Rugged - again, can't say enough good about them.

Deadair - pretty good sound suppression, average quality, but you will be frustrated trying to find parts. They hire out many of their parts, and haven't been able to control quality, nor supply. They know it and don't care. Customer service is absolutely nonexistent. 2 is enough, I'll never own another. Sat on my Primal for over a year before finding an alternative part to jerry-rig a fix.

Silencerco - very similar to Deadair above. Also terrible customer service. I think the Deadair and Silencerco guys split. Both SLC. UT companies and it seems many parts are interchangeable. I use a Silencerco trilug on my Deadair Primal. Again, wouldn't own another than the 2 I have of these as well.

Liberty - awesome customer service. Good quality for the price, not a ton of technical innovation nor options, but pretty happy with mine, although it is a very large suppressor.

Gemtech - great customer service, great quality. A little high priced I think, but like both of mine. Haven't really came out with much "new" for a while, but seem to be getting back in the game.

Thunderbeast - If money weren't an issue, this is all I'd own. Best sound suppression, great customer service, awesome quality, but damn! They're proud of their product. I use one on a 30-378 and people at the range always come up to ask about it because it's so quiet. They often think I'm shooting a 6.5 creedmore.

Just my personal experiences, Im sure many will differ. You may want to speak with someone at Silencershop for thoughts, they've been really helpful to me in the past. My next will be a HuxWrx. Good luck!!!
Great info thanks a lot. I always hear great things about Thunderbeast but $2.5k+ is just a tick more than I'm willing to go in a supressor.

Great info thanks a lot. I always hear great things about Thunderbeast but $2.5k+ is just a tick more than I'm willing to go in a supressor.

What one are you looking at for 2500? A Dominus is 1330, a Magnus is 1610, and a Gen II ultra is 1930. These prices are hub or CB brakes. The SRs are more money and for bolt guns not required. To cut down on length I went with a Dominus, for ultimate suppression I went 338 Gen ll.

The Dominus is what I would think you are looking for IMHO

What one are you looking at for 2500? A Dominus is 1330, a Magnus is 1610, and a Gen II ultra is 1930. These prices are hub or CB brakes. The SRs are more money and for bolt guns not required. To cut down on length I went with a Dominus, for ultimate suppression I went 338 Gen ll.

The Dominus is what I would think you are looking for IMHO
OK I may have been looking at the wrong ones. 1330 isn't a crazy jump from 900.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottUnpak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.