Springer Spaniel Puppies

Perfect Grouse dog for your Moose swamp.
There are plenty of folks I can get you in touch with down your way that can help get you educated.
Let me know. :)
I am working on the Mrs right now...any advice?

They love women.
They listen much better than men.
They are too cute for words.

Wynn Duma Pup.png

They are #1 Pheasant dogs.

Good luck with the remedial education class at your house.
Indeed. Everyone thinks pheasants must be hunted with pointing dogs. Baloney! Much more fun to have a flushing dog working at the end of the muzzle than a pointing dog out on the horizon. Both my current Lab and Fr Britt are excellent pointers but I've had a lifetime of flushing Labs. Being right there when they get "birdy" really cranks up the blood pressure. You get just as excited as the dog. Then the added anxiety of not knowing exactly when that near at hand neon rooster will go airborne. Nyaaah! Boom! "Gittem girl!" My close working pointing Lab Ellie is extremely deadly ... but there's more to hunting than killing things.

I would love to have one of these flushing pups in my life.

Last edited:
Did a final check today. Do not trust a sleep deprived spouse to sex your puppies.
OOOPS!
4 Males
3 Females

Here they are whelping box names attached with sex and colour.
LITTER ID NAMES AND SEX.jpg

Just a heads up if anyone in the US wants one of these pups. The US CDC has changed their requirements starting the end of this month.

Long story short, after 1 August they'll need to be six months old, microchipped and certified to be rabies vaccinated.

This has been in the news a lot lately in Alaska. With all the dogs that cross the border back and forth in tourist season and people moving and then sled dog competitions it's causing quite a stir.

The CDC did not think this one through or have a clue.
The CDC has walked back much of there insanity as of today. July 23, 2024

Chipped is required for any purebred dog.

The six month old thing is being worked on at the moment by so many advocates it is causing the CDC a headache. CKC, AKC, etc etc etc.
ie. Exemptions for pure bred dogs.

Right now, a "day of" online form is required, vaccination (healthy at the point of entry), that 6 month age at the moment.

LETTER TO THE CDC:
Date July 23, 2024

Dr. Mandy K. Cohen, MD, MPH
Director for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Administrator of the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
(sent by email to: MandyKCohen@cdc.gov)

Dear Director Cohen,

As a member of the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) and responsible owner and/or breeder of CKC registered purebred dogs, I am contacting the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding the impact of the upcoming new CDC dog importation rule.

Personally-owned purebred dogs registered with CKC represent an infinitesimally low risk for the introduction or transmission of DMRVV and do not present the serious public health threats posed by the irresponsible importation of unhealthy dogs for resale that CDC cited in its justification for the proposed rule. All purebred dogs in Canada must be registered by law and only dogs whose parents are registered with CKC are eligible to be registered with CKC. It is mandatory for all dogs eligible for CKC registration to be uniquely identified (e.g. an ISO compliant microchip), therefore all CKC-registered dogs that enter the U.S. are already permanently identifiable from the time they leave the breeders home at the age of 7 WEEKS.

SOME RESEARCH THEY MIGHT WANT TO REVIEW

Rabies is found in many countries. In Canada and the United States, the prevalence of wildlife rabies is relatively low. It is more frequently diagnosed in wildlife, and occasionally in livestock and pets. Canada does not have dog rabies.
https://inspection.canada.ca/en/animal-health/terrestrial-animals/diseases/reportable/rabies/fact-sheet

Although the prevalence of wildlife rabies has been stable or increasing in North America, the number of cases of rabies in domestic dogs has been steadily declining because of vaccination protocols and animal control programs.

It may be prudent to routinely recommend that puppies be kept strictly isolated from potential contact with wildlife reservoirs of RABV for the first 12 weeks of life.

Can Vet J. 2007 Sep; 48(9): 931–934.

With today's walk back, July 22, 2024, of the proposed regulations, it should now be apparent that the CDC’s original proposal was casting a broad indiscriminate net without consideration of the actual disease risk of imported dogs from Canada.

The 6-month minimum age requirement is egregious and the impact it will have on responsible CKC member breeders and purebred enthusiasts who work with U.S. counterparts to diversify breeding programs and provide puppies to U.S. citizens is huge. I therefore urge CDC to remove the age requirement or create an exemption for CKC registered dogs that are healthy, ISO microchipped, and a will have permanent residence in the U.S.

:A Bang Head::A Bang Head::A Bang Head::A Bang Head:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
istonecare

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's