www.tokoloshesafaris.info
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International, Life Members Dallas Safari Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
No not that kind, just good old Hormell spam. A can behind the seat or in the back pack has provided meals in temps from minus 50 to +50. Sea level to 35,000 ft.. Although the last one I attempted to take on a plane, they said I could use the lid as a knife.

I haven’t been able to eat lately nothing goes down and stays. So far so good and it expired in 2022.

Lon

No not that kind, just good old Hormell spam. A can behind the seat or in the back pack has provided meals in temps from minus 50 to +50. Sea level to 35,000 ft.. Although the last one I attempted to take on a plane, they said I could use the lid as a knife.

I haven’t been able to eat lately nothing goes down and stays. So far so good and it expired in 2022.

Lon

I'm not much for spam. But I do like its counterpart treat. Add it to a can of pork n beans, navy beans, or ramen and it makes a good meal, especially during those hunts afield.

I'm not much for spam. But I do like its counterpart treat. Add it to a can of pork n beans, navy beans, or ramen and it makes a good meal, especially during those hunts afield.
Agree, I pass on spam tacos

My grandmother made an amazing SPAM sandwich. Sliced and cast-iron grilled SPAM, toasted white bread, Miracle Whip, lettuce, and tomato. I haven't had SPAM since.

Lon

Hi Lon,

Since Alaska is the 2nd highest per capita consumer of Spam and I’ve lived here 42 years now, indeed I do eat Spam.
(Guam is #1 and Hawaii #3).

About 30 years ago, our Hawaiian neighbors introduced me to what has become my favorite Spam recipe’ .
They call it “Musubi”.

It is simply a slice of spam, well fried then, pressed against a rectangle of white rice and wrapped with what is not quite accurately referred to as “roasted seaweed” in English.
In Japanese, it is called “Nori”.

This “roasted seaweed” is not seaweed at all but actually farm raised algae, processed into paper thin sheets and dried.
(Not that what it’s called is especially important).
The main thing is that Nori is very tasty and is also healthy to eat.

My 2nd favorite way to enjoy Spam is to simply fry a slice or two of it and then place a fried egg on top.

Cheers for now,
Paul.

Hi Lon,

Since Alaska is the 2nd highest per capita consumer of Spam and I’ve lived here 42 years now, indeed I do eat Spam.
(Guam is #1 and Hawaii #3).

About 30 years ago, our Hawaiian neighbors introduced me to what has become my favorite Spam recipe’ .
They call it “Musubi”.

It is simply a slice of spam, well fried then, pressed against a rectangle of white rice and wrapped with what is not quite accurately referred to as “roasted seaweed” in English.
In Japanese, it is called “Nori”.

This “roasted seaweed” is not seaweed at all but actually farm raised algae, processed into paper thin sheets and dried.
(Not that what it’s called is especially important).
The main thing is that Nori is very tasty and is also healthy to eat.

My 2nd favorite way to enjoy Spam is to simply fry a slice or two of it and then place a fried egg on top.

Cheers for now,
Paul.
I would never had guessed Alaska as being a high consumer of Spam? Any idea how that took place.

Sometimes it can literally a life savor. Once fell thru a beaver dam and got soaked, fortunately I had hot water in my tent then Top Ramen spam chunks.

Lon

I have enjoyed Spam sushi and Spam ramen were staples in my diet for a while. Also liked the fried Spam sandwich with mustard, lettuce and tomato.

I would never had guessed Alaska as being a high consumer of Spam? Any idea how that took place.

Sometimes it can literally a life savor. Once fell thru a beaver dam and got soaked, fortunately I had hot water in my tent then Top Ramen spam chunks.

Lon
Must have something to do with the moose hunt outfitter I used a few years ago. We ate a lot of Spam during the course of that hunt.

Spam is huge in Hawaii. It’s even served in McDonald’s.

Spam is huge in Hawaii. It’s even served in McDonald’s.
Two all Spam patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun?

Spam and canned meat is popular in areas where cattle are in low supply. My father was born and raised in Aruba and he said it was not very common for them to have beef.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buttler45

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better