Spam is getting Annoying!

None of us stare at the AH screen 24/7.
ME.gif

Thanks for the thoughts guys.
There are spam shops around the world
They literally come from many countries and VPN's help them bounce all over anyway.
None of us stare at the AH screen 24/7 and we get on it as soon as possible.

report and ignore is your quickest way to not have to look at it until we catch up.

None of us stare at the AH screen 24/7...

Ok I admit it, I'm addicted to the AH forum. However, I do not stare at the AH screen 24/7. Only 14/7. I may be addicted to the forum, but I'm not that crazy. Who wants to just stare at the screen when there are so many posts and threads to read.

You have created such an outstanding site, with such knowledgeable and varying background members it's hard to stay away from the site.

Ok I admit it, I'm addicted to the AH forum. However, I do not stare at the AH screen 24/7. Only 14/7. I may be addicted to the forum, but I'm not that crazy. Who wants to just stare at the screen when there are so many posts and threads to read.

You have created such an outstanding site, with such knowledgeable and varying background members it's hard to stay away from the site.

It's one of "The Nine!" ;)

TheNine.png

I’m sure they’re trying , spam proofing is probably pretty much the same as idiot proofing every time you idiot proof something someone becomes a better idiot.

And there is also this to consider by our Moderators:

1727428715099.png

:E Rofl: :E Rofl: :E Rofl: :A Stirring::A Stirring::A Stirring:

I clicked this thread thinking we were having another discussion about Hawaiian cuisine :D

I thought the OP was looking for more recipes for spam (luncheon meat), that he was getting annoyed having spam (luncheon meat) as a sandwich.:LOL:

@BRICKBURN, you might want to consider some tools limiting new posters.

Off the topic of my head: New poster starts new thread outside 'introductions', hide thread pending mod review.

Or you can probably find some filter tools along the line of If poster poster count<10 posts, post contains [key words] (phone numbers, whatsapp, dollars, price, location, abortion, etc, etc) = post hidden and flagged pending moderator review.

It won't catch 'em all, but might stop it cluttering up the forum and easily kick a load of this to the attention of mods.

Not sure if this is a viable option or if it's something you guys can budget for, but hopefully some food for thought. The sheer volume of scam posts is getting a little annoying I must admit.

Cheers!

A problem with limiting members from what they are posting or where is that the spammers will just make a account and then post nonsense post to reach the count or the ability to post somewhere else. Or they will just let the account lie dormant for a year or even more and then they will come in and use it to post their spam.

I've seen them join a forum and actually look like a real member for a number of months before the unleash their dribble.

A problem with limiting members from what they are posting or where is that the spammers will just make a account and then post nonsense post to reach the count or the ability to post somewhere else. Or they will just let the account lie dormant for a year or even more and then they will come in and use it to post their spam.

I've seen them join a forum and actually look like a real member for a number of months before the unleash their dribble.
Point. But you've raised the barrier for entry from join, immediate spam, to join, make multiple posts (which avoid the filters), then spam.

It's not a perfect solve, but most of our South African magician / pharmacist friends don't seem particularly sophisticated spammers, so it might make a significant dent in the sheer number of spam threads, which is the main point of irritation!

You sicko! You forgot rule one……never talk about fight club :ROFLMAO: :X3::whistle:our an obsession with AH:censored:

Being in a different time zone means I'm often seeing them fairly early. I've reported a heap. But there are times when I look at a post and see its already had a few views. What would be useful for me is an automatic feature which feature which visually flags a reported post until a moderator either deletes it or rules it OK. That way we could avoid wasting time reporting posts that have already been reported.

Wonder what the time lapse is if you want a witch doctor spell and you live in the Eastern Time zone? I have some Democrats that I would like to help/ Also, what is the maximum effective range of the spell, asking for a friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunt4fun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?