SOUTH AFRICA: Tootabi Hunting Safaris Hunting Trip

Congrats on an excellent hunt!
Good job Loodt!

I was kind of hesitant on giving him such a great review. I'd like to go back in a couple years but if he gets to be to popular, it will be tough to get a reservation. Price is likely to go up as well.... ;)

You have to seize opportunity when it arises. My Marco Polo hunt with Kai at Arpa-Marco Polo is a good example. I got it cheap (for a MP hunt) at the right time with the right circumstances, the stars all aligned so to speak. His prices increased last year slightly and this year they are taking another bigger increase. Still a good deal but Im glad I got in when I did.

Awesome hunt!!! Thanks for sharing, Loodt's hunts seem to be top notch!

Love seeing reports like yours. Nothing like the excitement of a "first safari" Well done. That Gemsbok is a keeper!

The secret that has so many thinking about what it could be. No brass pole but a great night that is with special people.

Greg did you get to hunt with lammie? I see the big guy in the oryx picture and I can hear his voice and my hunt like it was just the other day.
I did hunt with Lammie. Great guy. When I go back, I'll be sure to ask for him as a PH again.

Congrats on a great hunt. Some good looking animals. You'll go a while to get a better Gemsbuck. Good looking Bushbuck too. Your Impala looks better than average. Just a really nice bunch of animals especially for a first trip to Africa. Have you started planning the next trip? Bruce
I'm hoping that in 2 years I can make the trip back. I'd like to do zebra, waterbuck, nyala and wildebeest. Maybe eland, and sable also. I definitely want to do a full blown baboon hunt because I was tortured trying to track one that I had hit in the shoulder. Took a couple hours down a very steep, thorny pass. Blood ran out and we called it quits. I want my revenge!!!! LOL

Congrats Greg! I'm glad that you, your family and Dave all had a great trip. I've yet to hunt with Loodt, but all of my transactions have been first class! I can't wait until August when I make my virgin voyage to the EC to hunt with Loodt.

And on the Eland......... don't ever start hunting them unless you want an addiction! I thought them to be a nice "extra" that would be a one time only kill for the species............... what I found was my favorite hunt of all time. I would literally trade every other hunt that I did in Africa for my eland!

That is one heck of a trophy package for your next hunt! I want to be there for that one.

Greg I just keep going back to look at your Gemsbok and I must say he is Outstanding. Congrats and thanks for sharing the pictures and making the hunting report.

Congrats on a great hunt and awesome pics! Well done Loodt.

Thanks to all the encouraging words and thoughts friends, it is indeed thrilling to read a report and see how satisfied a hunter is and secondly the value he sees in the experiences and memories of the safari.

Peace out everyone, and have a blast of a weekend!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diana111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]