South Africa Moves to Level 4 Restrictions - Effective June 28, 2021

Can anyone in RSA tell me if alcohol can be brought into the country? I have a hunt in the Eastern Cape 7-22 July. My PH says that he cannot purchase or transport but, doesn't know how that effects foreigners.

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.25.24 AM.png

View attachment 410106
That means I can bring my 750ml bottle of bourbon. Good information. Thank you.

Well when you start helping friends bury parents, and other friends with two children all 4 positive and both parents are in ICU, people you know are pos and.dying, and folks say it is normal reality sets in....

What happens people test pos some self quarantine(some dont), symptoms get worse, ambulance arrives check vitals, not bad enough stay at home, oxygen or oxygen machine if you can afford.....gets worse...ambulance arrives...oxygen...drive around 2 to 4 hrs trying to find a hospital with a bed availible....
Book in oxygen or icu ventilator...you dont make it next of kin are called and told to arrange for removal of body to undertaker, mortuary is full...
Bed is occupied 30 minutes later by the next one.....

Sad but the reality at the moment, problem is other provinces are also sharply increasing....

This varient is more agressive, faster, more severe, recovery rate is a lot worse....it kills a lot faster than first 3.....

@IvW. I’m sure you’re mean well, but how do you know that what you actually state above is the truth and not your perception about what it is happening?

Can you elaborate on what medical treatment is it provided to the people that are note YET feeling worse enough to require a ventilator? To make sure they will NOT get worse and end up requiring a ventilator. I’m sure we can agree that supplying oxygen is not a treatment.

We are for almost 2 years in this situation and I have yet to heard about any Government doing anything about treatment or real medical (as opposed to political) prevention.

Do you have any insights that you could share with us?

How do I know what I state is the truth??? People I know have died others are in ICU on ventilators, others are ok although positive.

Not sure what you are implying but it is bad here....

Very sorry to hear that, stay safe sir.

For anyone traveling there soon, bring cigarettes for your trackers and skinners. They are a great gift anytime, but with sales closed, the prices of cigarettes is skyrocketing. I had a tracker tell me they were paying 5-7 Rand a piece for them last year during the lock down.

They say 200 is the max, but I had more than that this trip and it was not an issue.

How do I know what I state is the truth??? People I know have died others are in ICU on ventilators, others are ok although positive.

Sorry to hear. Were you able to get vaccinated?

I’m sorry to hear that. We are in the middle of our summer here in the states and things are more or less back to normal. I suspect we may see surges like what you all are dealing with during our fall and winter.

Prayers for you and your loved ones.

For anyone traveling there soon, bring cigarettes for your trackers and skinners. They are a great gift anytime, but with sales closed, the prices of cigarettes is skyrocketing. I had a tracker tell me they were paying 5-7 Rand a piece for them last year during the lock down.

They say 200 is the max, but I had more than that this trip and it was not an issue.
Cigarettes are freely availible at any shop

Seeing this on 4 July and it reminds me how good it is to be an American where at least in the states where people have not lost their minds, we are reminded our freedoms come from our creator, not as determined by the government

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymtnredneck