South Africa Moves to Level 4 Restrictions - Effective June 28, 2021

Does anyone know if sun city is operating? Wife wants a hot air balloon ride and that means we take time off from buff hunt to act silly
I also like quote about joburg stupid

Does anyone know if sun city is operating? Wife wants a hot air balloon ride and that means we take time off from buff hunt to act silly
I also like quote about joburg stupid
Sun City is closed for bussiness, Pilansberg is still operating. Send me a PM and i will send you the details of the private company that offer the hot air baloon rides! Regards

This does not affect tourism according to folks on the ground there.
But many hunters from abroad are very concerned.....

I think, it will affect...

HWL

From the way I see and read it from home here in Canada 30 days before wheels up it will and does effect tourism. I am not really worried about pick up at Joberg, 21 day hunt and drop off at Port Elizabeth (PE) as we will be somewhat protected by PH and hunting company, (no alcohol worries with us).

But we have organized, booked and pre paid for all our attractions for the 14 day tour after hunt starting in PE to include driving a rental car from one side to the other of SA, including Kruger then back to Joberg. Mostly we await what the details will be on the next briefing/rules for after 11 July.

My non hunting companions will be pissed if tour becomes very difficult/unavailable or too risky. Hunt is my priority but may not be as important to the others. Fingers crossed for lower covid numbers and a continuation or relaxation of current rules.

MB

Well, here we go in Zim as at this afternoon...

President E D Mnangagwa has announced the following measures to curb the spread of Covid-19.
which take immediate effect.
They will run for two weeks and will be reviewed thereafter.
1.Commerce and industry to open from 8am to 15.30 in compliance with curfew 18.30 to 6am.
2. Industry to decongest workplaces to 40 percent with the rest working from home.
3. Commercial transport to remain operational but observe covid 19 protocol
4. Intercity movements prohibited except for production and movement of food and medicines. Travellers from countries with alpha and delta variants will be quarantined and tested on first, fifth and tenth day at their own expense.
5. Ministers and legislators will be despatched to their constituencies to educate people on the vaccination programmes.
6. Travellers with fake covid 19 documents to be arrested with custodial sentence.
7. Deportees to be quarantined for ten days at a place of their choice.
8. People operating at market places, tobacco auction floors cotton sales floors to be vaccinated before they can operate. Those who refuse will not be allowed to operate.

Wife and I are just returning (awaiting DFW to PNS flight) from 20 days on the ground in Zim and South Africa…$750 in COVID tests to make it happen but we had a great time!

OR Tambo has very light traffic, unlike DFW!

Go and hunt, just be prepared to alter your plans if some of the tourism places are closed and were on your agenda.

Fourth Eta varient also now detected here......lockdown road blocks will be in place 1 July for Gauteng borders...essensial travel with permit only....no leasure travel.

Fourth Eta varient also now detected here......lockdown road blocks will be in place 1 July for Gauteng borders...essensial travel with permit only....no leasure travel.
Hoping you guys get them numbers down before 25 July and our visit. Been way to long since Africa under my feet. Need the fix.

MB

MarkB, it's really ironic we struggle to get enough vacines, vacinations has been slow from tomorrow the next age group can register 50-59.

Then at the biggest hospital in Soweto there is no one standing in the queue to get the shot and they close early in the afternoon as a result. Age group 60 and plus, first it was medcial workers then 60 plus and they started teachers and school workers last week.

It's mind boggling first they cry foul all rich countries took all the vacines then when we have them they don't want them. I just hope they hurry up and I can get my jab and go on with life really sick of this nonsense.

Only good thing for now is that most schools are closed again so very light traffic on roads compared to normal early moirning traffic.

President E D Mnangagwa has announced the following measures to curb the spread of Covid-19.
4. Intercity movements prohibited except for production and movement of food and medicines. Travellers from countries with alpha and delta variants will be quarantined and tested on first, fifth and tenth day at their own expense.
Yup!

I’m in a camp now in the east cape, in the last couple days I have traveled several hours each day, I’ve noticed no difference at all. Everything appears to be operating as normal. Went out to lunch today in East London, everything was open.

Well some places are worse than others. Business in Centurion 13 workers 9 tested pos on monday last week 4 dead by friday so stay safe it is certainly not business as usual in Gauteng...

I’m leaving for SA on July 11 and my PH Jacques Spammer says we will be fine to make our way to the Kalahari. On July 22 I’m flying to Bulawayo to hunt leopard with Wayne Van Den Bergh at the Drummond Ranch. Based on what I just read I have no idea if I will have to quarantine or not- is the US included in this lockdown mandate. People are still trying to sort it out and could all change again in a couple weeks. As much time and effort and money I’ve invested I’m going hunting some how and some way. Anyone with a better understanding of the Zimbabwe mandate please pass it on. Thanks

But many hunters from abroad are very concerned.....

I think, it will affect...

HWL
I can’t argue with that but that’s their problem not mine. I am going come hell or high water!

1.Commerce and industry to open from 8am to 15.30 in compliance with curfew 18.30 to 6am.
2. Industry to decongest workplaces to 40 percent with the rest working from home.
3. Commercial transport to remain operational but observe covid 19 protocol
5. Ministers and legislators will be despatched to their constituencies to educate people on the vaccination programmes.
6. Travellers with fake covid 19 documents to be arrested with custodial sentence.
7. Deportees to be quarantined for ten days at a place of their choice.
8. People operating at market places, tobacco auction floors cotton sales floors to be vaccinated before they can operate. Those who refuse will not be allowed to operate.
Oh geez! What a mess.

South Africa Tourism Dept explains the Level 4 rules. FAQs - international travelers/ airport transit, staying at a hotel as part of transit (permitted), etc.

Flying into Port Elizabeth thru JNB next week for 10-days of plains game hunting. I have heard nothing from PH or TWG.

It was reported in the South African Business Insider that the 10 day quarantine for travelers from countries with the A and D variants applies only to travelers from India and the UK.

Sorry...I should have said that this applies to Zimbabwe.

Can anyone in RSA tell me if alcohol can be brought into the country? I have a hunt in the Eastern Cape 7-22 July. My PH says that he cannot purchase or transport but, doesn't know how that effects foreigners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandySomme