South africa , limpopo 2025

62flint

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
I have booked my second hunt in SA and my first Cape buffalo hunt. I will be in Limpopo 24 june-1july 2025.
It will be my adult daughter and me, I am booked for a Buff and a wart hog, She is booked for a wildebeast, and caracal. I am confident in my outfitter and I am sure we will have a good trip.
Here is my question, I am thinking about adding some time on to the trip. Since I have already paid to fly over. The outfitter is booked up before and after our hunt and can not accomodate a longer stay.
So I am thinking of after the Buff hunt switching to another Outfitter and doing a plains game cull/trophy hunt, sight seeing etc for 3-5 more days before flying home.
I will have possibly 2 rifles with me, my 375HH and a 30cal of some sorts for my daughter.
So is it feasible to swap outfitters? two differnet hunts or sight seeing?
I am torn between doing a cull hunt or sight seeing add on. Plains game trophies are not a high priority for me, but I do like a solid, challenging hunt and I would really like to see what my 300wm would do with a couple differnt bullets I want to try.
So let me have it thoughts, opinions and ideas?

Last year I hunted in the Limpopo, I hunted with 2 different outfitters, the transition of changing camps went very smoothly. Both outfitters were thankful for the business so they worked together to make it happen. I'll private message you additional info.

I have booked my second hunt in SA and my first Cape buffalo hunt. I will be in Limpopo 24 june-1july 2025.
It will be my adult daughter and me, I am booked for a Buff and a wart hog, She is booked for a wildebeast, and caracal. I am confident in my outfitter and I am sure we will have a good trip.
Here is my question, I am thinking about adding some time on to the trip. Since I have already paid to fly over. The outfitter is booked up before and after our hunt and can not accomodate a longer stay.
So I am thinking of after the Buff hunt switching to another Outfitter and doing a plains game cull/trophy hunt, sight seeing etc for 3-5 more days before flying home.
I will have possibly 2 rifles with me, my 375HH and a 30cal of some sorts for my daughter.
I am torn between doing a cull hunt or sight seeing add on. Plains game trophies are not a high priority for me, but I do like a solid, challenging hunt and I would really like to see what my 300wm would do with a couple differnt bullets I want to try.

Great idea
I have had clients change camps to another outfitter

Sure we can squeeze u in or advise you on sightseeing

Regards

Great idea
I have had clients change camps to another outfitter

Sure we can squeeze u in or advise you on sightseeing

Regards
Would a outfitter find it offensive to change camps? I am really thinking a bird or cull hunt, WE really would like to do a bit a shopping and by some trully african souviners, The local made trinket kind of stuff, we didnt get to do that on the last trip

If this helps. My first trip to Africa was 10 days with KMG in the Eastern Cape and then 8 days with BaylySipple in Limpopo. Very doable. I like the two completely different areas of South Africa.

Would a outfitter find it offensive to change camps? I am really thinking a bird or cull hunt, WE really would like to do a bit a shopping and by some trully african souviners, The local made trinket kind of stuff, we didnt get to do that on the last trip

They shouldnt be offended
Clients can go where they want with whomever they want

Can help u with shopping too we take clients to a good place for all that

Regards

If you want to go the sight seeing way look at my post about Victoria falls and Chobe national parks. Lots of shopping there also. Or I can recommend someone that offers cull hunts in the eastern cape. Completely different type of landscape then Limpopo so would be a whole new adventure on the trip. Also could go see the Indian ocean.

@62flint I have had clients that swopped Outfitters
I’ve send you a PM with some ideas

Cheers
Dieter

A crocodile is interesting, had not given that much thought.
I was thinking a bit more laid back activity. A night hunt, wing shooting , shopping / sight seeing, cull hunting but to be honest not really sure. Looking for ideas right now.
I have about 5 days I can use after July 1. Then we need to be back in the states for work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuinnCarna

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe