SOUTH AFRICA: Kuche Safaris

If there was ever an example of the phrase grasping at straws this is it. Comparing an early 1900s safari in east Africa to a hunt factory in Limpopo is a ridiculous comparison. The number of hunters in camp during old East African safaris would have only been a handful of friends at most and several professional hunters, never 40 individual hunters. There would have been a separation between hunters and staff same as there is today. However, if you want to use it as an example as you did the math at kuche would be significantly more than 40.
Hunters (40) + PHs (30) + Trackers (30) + Camp Staff (10 minimum) + Skinners (10 minimum) = 120 minimum during a peak week. If their in house taxidermy and dip and pack service is on site the number goes up even more.
I’ve been to Kuche. There was never anywhere close to 40 hunters. I would say the average was 10 hunters while I was there. Maybe less.

So no, all your math is wrong. There was never more than 40 people total at camp.

How is it possible for this thread to still be active?

How is it possible for this thread to still be active?
A new person posted bashing Kuche.

It has its problems like anywhere else. But if someone can’t see there is an obvious attack on Koos the owner then that’s because they aren’t looking.

There have been plenty of negative reviews of this outfitter, sprinkled with decent reviews. I think anyone planning on hunting with them should read them all. I really couldn't find any negative stuff online about the outfit I hunted with.

I’ve been to Kuche. There was never anywhere close to 40 hunters. I would say the average was 10 hunters while I was there. Maybe less.

So no, all your math is wrong. There was never more than 40 people total at camp.
It’s stated in this thread by other hunters that hunted there during busy weeks that there 40 hunters in camp.

Ha. There’s not room in camp for 40 hunters. I guess the person that’s been there knows less about it than the person that hasn’t.

I also read there have been bad reviews and decent reviews. That’s not true. Lots have given glowing reviews of the place. Check out ruraldocs posts.

I love differing views, just be honest and call balls and strikes on Both sides

You answered the reason there are bad reviews.
I hear you. It was a great first trip for me but I’ll be going to a smaller camp from now on. I think it’s a great first hunt for many that would be too nervous to be in a small remote camp the first time.

375 because you’re a fan of the caliber?

I hear you. It was a great first trip for me but I’ll be going to a smaller camp from now on. I think it’s a great first hunt for many that would be too nervous to be in a small remote camp the first time.

375 because you’re a fan of the caliber?
So you wouldn't hunt with them again?

So you wouldn't hunt with them again?
I would def go with a big group of new hunters. They were well run IMO with the limitations of SA and size of the organization. If you were wanting a small remote place it would not be for you. Also no dangerous game besides Cape buffalo.

I would def go with a big group of new hunters. They were well run IMO with the limitations of SA and size of the organization. If you were wanting a small remote place it would not be for you. Also no dangerous game besides Cape buffalo.
Thank you for your response, I definitely prefer places that book one party at a time. To each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin375

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?