SOUTH AFRICA: KoringKoppie Hunting Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

You’re going to have a great hunt with the Duckworths. I’ve got a good friend who’s hunted with them 3x. They’re presently considering a trip to Mozambique to hunt with them there.
I can't wait....

I can't wait....
I hope Mr Whittall comes over for Tea an afternoon or two when you’re there. It happened for my buddy and he said hearing the stories that afternoon made the entire trip worth it. The buffalo was just icing on the cake.

I hope Mr Whittall comes over for Tea an afternoon or two when you’re there. It happened for my buddy and he said hearing the stories that afternoon made the entire trip worth it. The buffalo was just icing on the cake.
I am also praying that Barrie is still alive as I want to talk with him.

I didn’t take this negatively at all. If you only hunt one country, what is your basis for comparison to others? I have been blessed to hunt six African countries over the course of many safaris. However Tanzania and Uganda have eluded me. In my mind I feel that I may have missed the best, however I have no way to objectively compare them to the countries I have hunted. I therefore look to the advice of those who have hunted them in addition to countries I have hunted to provide an informed opinion.
Do the people that haven’t hunted Kuche or even SA in general give the same deference?

Things work both ways.

Do the people that haven’t hunted Kuche or even SA in general give the same deference?

Things work both ways.

I’m not sure I understand. I have hunted RSA so I have some limited basis of comparison.

I’m not sure I understand. I have hunted RSA so I have some limited basis of comparison.
It’s a straightforward point that you made. Those that have been on many safari’s have a wealth of information. However, they still have gaps when it comes to certain types of hunts and should freely admit that.

The point that was made that your message was in response to was that first time hunters almost have no information to give because they have nothing to compare to. You then said that you talk freely about things you have done, but limit your opinions when it comes to things you have not done. I was simply saying that it would be nice if people would give the same courtesy for all types of hunts, including auction hunts, or those in South Africa.

It’s a straightforward point that you made. Those that have been on many safari’s have a wealth of information. However, they still have gaps when it comes to certain types of hunts and should freely admit that.

The point that was made that your message was in response to was that first time hunters almost have no information to give because they have nothing to compare to. You then said that you talk freely about things you have done, but limit your opinions when it comes to things you have not done. I was simply saying that it would be nice if people would give the same courtesy for all types of hunts, including auction hunts, or those in South Africa.

Sorry, a little slow, still on my first cup of coffee.

No worries. My point not about you at all, just about the point you made.

The experience fallacy is real for all of us. We extrapolate our experience in one thing to another, often wrongly.

Hunting all over Africa gives great experience. What it does not do is give you total Insight into someone else’s hunt at an outfitter you have never been to.

Sorry, a little slow, still on my first cup of coffee.

I posted a Kuche Safaris hunt report on the HuntTalk forum a few days ago. I didn't post it here directly because of how dramatic you guys get on the topic. I was honest and realistic in my report, good and bad. Take it for what it's worth, my group were all experienced hunters but first time in Africa. It was the first guided hunt of any kind for 3 of 6 of them.

I'd say my experience was much better than OPs report on KoringKoppie.

I didn't post it here directly because of how dramatic you guys get on the topic. I was honest and realistic in my report, good and bad.
Nobody is being dramatic. You have to read it in the context from this thread. If you would post it in a separate thread of your own. You'll get only positivity.

Nobody is being dramatic. You have to read it in the context from this thread. If you would post it in a separate thread of your own. You'll get only positivity.
Sorry, I apologize as that probably was an unnecessary stereotype of the whole forum. I should have said "a few people" seem to get dramatic about it.

I am grateful for this place as there weren't many other good resources for safari research. Hoping my post turns up in the next guys search results and helps them out

Sorry, I apologize as that probably was an unnecessary stereotype of the whole forum. I should have said "a few people" seem to get dramatic about it.

I am grateful for this place as there weren't many other good resources for safari research. Hoping my post turns up in the next guys search results and helps them out
You’ll need to make your own thread with a title or it will get lost in this one. You wrote a good report that seems very fair. There are no negative comments on hunt reports here. I’m possibly one of the ones you referred to being dramatic but I get tired of the overly glowing posts about Kuche on discussion threads. There are some flaws that are easy to see if someone wants to look, but it bothers me when someone tries to avoid acknowledging them or actively denies any exist. It is disappointing to see you wouldn’t want to hunt on a return trip. I think you’d enjoy other areas and other operations more.

I'm the OP. I read your post. I'm amazed how calm you were about the price changes. I'm actually surprised no one bailed on the trip. I read these post about big groups going over and I am shocked people find so many people to go. I can never find anyone to join me. I had a hunt for 2 in 2023 and everyone backed out on me without any price changes. I finally found someone on Facebook to take the spot. I surprised you wouldn't want to hunt if you go back. There are some fabulous places in South Africa. I will say after hunting geese and ducks in the free state its landscape is pretty boring. If you ever change your mind look at hunting mountains in Limpopo or the Eastern Cape. Also there is a lot of free range animals in the East Cape. I had a horrible time with this outfitter in Limpopo but last year had a great time with another. It's on here if you look at my posts. Also if you go back to Africa look into Victoria Falls and Chobe National Park. Lots of stuff for a family to do.

Sorry, I apologize as that probably was an unnecessary stereotype of the whole forum. I should have said "a few people" seem to get dramatic about it
Thank you. Was not taken personally by me. You got great character by your ability to apologize.

I love how the “Golden Corral of African safaris” is making the rounds now. That’s good stuff. I can’t remember who coined that but well done!

I posted a Kuche Safaris hunt report on the HuntTalk forum a few days ago. I didn't post it here directly because of how dramatic you guys get on the topic. I was honest and realistic in my report, good and bad. Take it for what it's worth, my group were all experienced hunters but first time in Africa. It was the first guided hunt of any kind for 3 of 6 of them.

I'd say my experience was much better than OPs report on KoringKoppie.

I really enjoyed your hunt report, great write up. Thanks for posting the link for people to check it out.

It seems like you were pretty objective about the good and bad. I do agree with someone else that it might be worth checking out another outfitter before calling it quits on Africa hunting.

I would find someone who hunts larger concessions, as it might feel like more of what you are looking for in a hunt.

However, maybe Africa hunting isn't your cup of tea either way, and that's ok too.

You’ll need to make your own thread with a title or it will get lost in this one. You wrote a good report that seems very fair. There are no negative comments on hunt reports here. I’m possibly one of the ones you referred to being dramatic but I get tired of the overly glowing posts about Kuche on discussion threads. There are some flaws that are easy to see if someone wants to look, but it bothers me when someone tries to avoid acknowledging them or actively denies any exist. It is disappointing to see you wouldn’t want to hunt on a return trip. I think you’d enjoy other areas and other operations more.

I'm the OP. I read your post. I'm amazed how calm you were about the price changes. I'm actually surprised no one bailed on the trip. I read these post about big groups going over and I am shocked people find so many people to go. I can never find anyone to join me. I had a hunt for 2 in 2023 and everyone backed out on me without any price changes. I finally found someone on Facebook to take the spot. I surprised you wouldn't want to hunt if you go back. There are some fabulous places in South Africa. I will say after hunting geese and ducks in the free state its landscape is pretty boring. If you ever change your mind look at hunting mountains in Limpopo or the Eastern Cape. Also there is a lot of free range animals in the East Cape. I had a horrible time with this outfitter in Limpopo but last year had a great time with another. It's on here if you look at my posts. Also if you go back to Africa look into Victoria Falls and Chobe National Park. Lots of stuff for a family to do.

I really enjoyed your hunt report, great write up. Thanks for posting the link for people to check it out.

It seems like you were pretty objective about the good and bad. I do agree with someone else that it might be worth checking out another outfitter before calling it quits on Africa hunting.

I would find someone who hunts larger concessions, as it might feel like more of what you are looking for in a hunt.

However, maybe Africa hunting isn't your cup of tea either way, and that's ok too.
On everyone's advice I'm in the middle of copying and pasting everything over here to make my own hunt report thread. Thanks for the push and reassurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallonLith

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa