SOUTH AFRICA: KoringKoppie Hunting Safaris *Warning* Stay Away

I am fortunate. It is amicable. We actually like each other. We just have nothing in common and after 20 years it's come to a head. It's going to cost me and maybe affect next year. It is what it is. Frankly? This site has not helped. As I have gotten older I realize how badly I want to do stuff WITH my significant other - seeing many of you fine folks doing just that - and has no desire at all, which is fine.

Sorry... didn't mean to get off into the weeds from the thread's topic....
Sorry to hear that. A divorce is always hard on you, even when they are amicable. For lots of different reasons. My ex and I were at different stages of our life, she was 10 years younger than me. And she had no interest in hunting, fishing or cattle which are my biggest passions. At least I turned her son into a hunting and fishing nut!
Please don’t give up on next year yet. My divorce was final in October 2013 and I went on my first African hunt in April 2014.
And yes, find a gal who likes to do things with you. I lucked out on that score the second time around. Luckily she doesn’t like lever actions so never wants to steal my beloved BLR. She has laid claim to my Tikka.

Well, I assume from the comments that after 6 trips with the same outfitter, although at multiple camps ranging from Northwest, Limpopo and Kalahari my opinions don't matter.
Thats fine. I need a beak from AH anyways.
I don't know what has happened but this site has gone down hill in the last 3-4 months where it's not even pleasurable to log in and read threads.
There is to much bickering, bashing and uncalled for comments to me.

This will be my last post for awhile while I take a break from all this

Agreed Mark. We seem to have had an influx of folks with very different behavioral norms than the AH we are used to.

AH is still head and shoulders above SOME I could name...
Definitely! I was on a 4x4 forum for over a decade that I now hardly frequent at all. I think c-vid brought out the worst in people. Little Fascists that were quite happy to see people executed in the town square if they didn't conform. That was the start of less tolerance on social media.

This thread (and by extension this post) has gone off the rails for the last page or two.

I hope that this forum remains a mellow and mature place to visit.

Does not matter where they're from, unless they are wealthy. :)
My father told my brother and I to be careful about picking a wife. He said, “You can fight with a rich one just like the poor one!”

I have bought auction hunts before and they turned out well. I will say study a lot of trophy pictures and taxidermy mounts. Yes the PH can say shoot but ultimately it’s up to you. Shot placement is always important. I have made bad shots and good shots on hunts. I know outfitters like the giraffe down quick because the meat can go bad and the recovery could be longer if you have to cut a trail to the giraffe. I have had disagreements with PHs and Outfitters in the USA. The best thing I can say is “communicate your expectations and what kind of hunting experience you are looking for your time”. The longer I live bad memories and experiences stick with me unfortunately a lot longer than the good memories but to me that is human.

My son and I recently went on a hunting safari with Koring Koppie Safaris. The week before Moe324. I was pleasantly surprised about our experience at Koring Koppie! My son and I are both avid hunters from from Utah. I thought this would be a fun trip but didn’t expect there to be much of a hunt involved, more just shooting than hunting. Jacque was our PH and I felt we had to work to get our animals of choice. In which I’m grateful! My son and I between us took 7 animals, Jacque worked hard to get us good shots, a few shots were over 200 meters but pretty routine for us, most of which only took one shot, but all done without any tracking. I didn’t know what to expect from size of game we took, but looking at other take, ours we all mature good animals! I told Jacque that ties would probably be my only trip to SA , but after finishing our hunt I expect to make another trip back.

Our accommodations at Koring Koppie was great! I loved the atmosphere! Jacque did all our cooking as well and I found it to be great! The housekeepers were spot on with cleaning and doing laundry, I really overpacked with clothes, as quickly as laundry was done I didn’t need so much.
Jacque’s son drove us a couple times and we loved it! What a great place for him to learn! He went out hunting night hunting for jackal with us a few times. Jacque had to deal with his wood cutting business while we were there also but we were not bothered by it, just part of owning a property and maintaining it and clearing out some areas for better hunting!

All in all our experience was great and I’d recommend Koring Koppie to others.
IMG_1501.jpeg
IMG_9394.jpeg
IMG_1456.jpeg

My son and I recently went on a hunting safari with Koring Koppie Safaris. The week before Moe324. I was pleasantly surprised about our experience at Koring Koppie! My son and I are both avid hunters from from Utah. I thought this would be a fun trip but didn’t expect there to be much of a hunt involved, more just shooting than hunting. Jacque was our PH and I felt we had to work to get our animals of choice. In which I’m grateful! My son and I between us took 7 animals, Jacque worked hard to get us good shots, a few shots were over 200 meters but pretty routine for us, most of which only took one shot, but all done without any tracking. I didn’t know what to expect from size of game we took, but looking at other take, ours we all mature good animals! I told Jacque that ties would probably be my only trip to SA , but after finishing our hunt I expect to make another trip back.

Our accommodations at Koring Koppie was great! I loved the atmosphere! Jacque did all our cooking as well and I found it to be great! The housekeepers were spot on with cleaning and doing laundry, I really overpacked with clothes, as quickly as laundry was done I didn’t need so much.
Jacque’s son drove us a couple times and we loved it! What a great place for him to learn! He went out hunting night hunting for jackal with us a few times. Jacque had to deal with his wood cutting business while we were there also but we were not bothered by it, just part of owning a property and maintaining it and clearing out some areas for better hunting!

All in all our experience was great and I’d recommend Koring Koppie to others.View attachment 626396View attachment 626397View attachment 626398
Did you pay trophy prices for those culls?

Last edited:

All in all our experience was great and I’d recommend Koring Koppie to others.View attachment 626396View attachment 626397View attachment 626398
Baby oryx

If you paid full price for that gemsbok it only reinforces the OP claim of Jaq selling culls at trophy prices. It's pretty obvious the outfitter is monitoring and I have a word of advice for you sir. Stop having clients post success stories on this thread It's making you look worse not better.

If you paid full price for that gemsbok it only reinforces the OP claim of Jaq selling culls at trophy prices. It's pretty obvious the outfitter is monitoring and I have a word of advice for you sir. Stop having clients post success stories on this thread It's making you look worse not better.
The wildebeest is trash too. With so many defective animals being harvested, I have to question the genetic integrity of that property. Too many bulls mating their offspring. Sloppy management.

What's astounding is the operator clearly has solicited these rave reviews from his Facebook fan club. You'd think he would have done a better job vetting candidates. Showing off their birth defect "trophies" sure isn't doing his safari operation any favors. He should go back to farming merino sheep. Really.

If a person only shoots a mossberg shotgun their whole life and never tries another shotgun, but still says mossberg is the best. Few would value their opinion about other brands. I see no difference with outfitters. You don’t know what you don’t know and have limited ability to compare. There are hunters who think their first African experience is the best because laundry was done daily without knowing it’s standard.
It's funny you brought up the laundry, I forgot to mention that when I handed Jac the tip envelopes he told me there needed to be $200 for the cleaning ladies. But 3 or the 5 days I had to sort my clothes out from the other hunters on the pool table. In the dinning room and carry them to my room. Nothing like having to touch a strangers underwear. Wasn't a huge deal but strange considering I never saw that on 3 other trips to RSA. And I tried to be as detailed as possible in my write up as I was instructed by PHASA. That's why minor stuff is in it. But some people saw that was me being a PIA.

It's funny you brought up the laundry, I forgot to mention that when I handed Jac the tip envelopes he told me there needed to be $200 for the cleaning ladies. But 3 or the 5 days I had to sort my clothes out from the other hunters on the pool table. In the dinning room and carry them to my room. Nothing like having to touch a strangers underwear. Wasn't a huge deal but strange considering I never saw that on 3 other trips to RSA. And I tried to be as detailed as possible in my write up as I was instructed by PHASA. That's why minor stuff is in it. But some people saw that was me being a PIA.
This just gets worse. $200 for the cleaning ladies? How much more for cooks, car washers, dishwashers? And they didn't even fold your clothes and put them in your room? That is unheard of. Yep, this is the definition of a shoddy safari operator. On a scale of one to ten I give them minus three.

Thumbing through everyone's undies could have been fun. "Hey, look at the ballroom in these bloomers! Someone must have a fan club!" :D

Last edited:

Where’s the rest of your gembok?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aimee21Z02

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles