SOUTH AFRICA: Heading Out For South African Safari With Limcroma Safaris

Africa Sky did not disappoint tonight with dinner. Now time for a shower and a couple hours of sleep before our journey to Limcroma tomorrow!

20230420_204316.jpg
20230420_205452.jpg
20230420_210013.jpg
20230420_211151.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck Clark. I will be doing the same in about a week also with Limcroma.

Enjoy and make sure you guys put some repellent on for those pepper ticks.
Otherwise those drinks around the fire at night will be itchy and scratchy.

My wife insists on a night at Africa Sky on both ends of every trip. She absolutely loves that place!

Service has been a challenge, but I promise for an update as soon as I can get pics to post. So far I have killed a big sable...over 45...a beautiful big eland, and a really nice Blue Wildebeest. Still after bushbuck, nyala, and may shoot a zebra.

I sat on that table by the zebra and smoked a couple of cigars. What a great and relaxing place. Anxiously waiting for more updates. Good luck to you guys.

I killed my nyala today plus a golden wildebeest. The brush is super thick and the bushbuck kicked our rear.

My nyala was super nice measuring 28.5 on both sides and my golden today was 29in. Very nice animals to say the least!!! I haven't shot an animal this trip that isn't gold medal!

I promise when I can get pics to work I will share those and an update for day by day with everyone. It's been an amazing trip! I think I may go try for a zebra tomorrow morning before I got to the river to play with the catfish!!!

So I got back home earlier today. The hunt at Limcroma Safaris was nothing short of amazing. The quality of animals taken by myself and group was stunning. Not to mention the incredible professionalism and knowledge showcased by all the PH's and staff. I am not sure how hunting Africa could be any better. I will continue to go hunt with Limcroma each and every year. Hannes Els is the most genuine trustworthy guy I have very met in the hunting industry. Huge shout out to Limcroma. If you have never been to Africa hunting and are on the fence about it, this is the company to go with! Even if you have been 100 times I would highly recommend going with them!!!

Day 1
We woke up early to havw Bkfst at Africa Sky and then my Ph, Janlou, met us there along with the transfer for the group. The transfer would take us all to Thabizambi where the other PHs would meet the other hunters and travel on into camp. Its about a 2 hr ride from Thabizambi to the camp. After checking the rifles and ensuring they were still on, we started the hunt chasing Eland. The first afternoon we never really got in the game but dig get some roads drug for the next morning so we could have fresh tracks.

20230421_103642.jpg
20230421_103716.jpg
20230421_103728.jpg
20230421_105228.jpg
20230421_110236.jpg
20230421_140804.jpg
20230421_143953.jpg
20230421_143958.jpg
20230421_144601.jpg
20230421_152116.jpg
20230421_152120.jpg
20230421_171958.jpg
20230421_172013.jpg
20230421_172334.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 2
Day two started with chasing eland again. We hunted them hard as heck that AM but couldn't ever catch up with then. We got close a couple times but it was so thick the herd would see us just before we saw them. We hunted them hard until lunch time and decided to give them a break. We knew where they were and was hoping they wouldn't leave the block they were in as the block they were in now was a little more open. It was super thick over there this year and we were dealing with constantly changing wind.

When we got back to camp, another PH was telling us about a really nice Sable he had seen that morning with his hunter. Sable was on my list so we decided we would go out earlier and try to find the Sable in hopes we could get him down and then get back on the eland. Well like any fool proof plan...it turned out to not be foolproof. We ended up spending more time than anticipated finding the Sable and when we finally found him he was in an area that would be tough to get to him. We finally maneuvered around where we could get in place for a shot but it was thick. The wind of course switched and the Sable was on high alert. I had a small opening...at least I thought I did...and took the shoot and the bullet hit a small twig and deflected and hit him high. The shot dropped him but when we got up there I put another round in him right behind his shoulder with the pistol. I now had my Sable and he was a goodun measuring 45 1/8 on one side and 44 7/8 on the other.

It was too late to get after Eland that afternoon so that was now the plan for the next morning!

I'll attach pics as soon as I have better service!

Looks like an excellent trip. I’ll wait for more details & photos. We’re with Limcroma in a couple months. Can’t wait!!
It was an absolutely amazing trip. It's my second trip with Limcroma and they are the only company I will hunt with over there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whelen

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]