pmangelos

Silver supporter
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA
I am a bit of a lurker on these boards, I've been reading a lot but not posting, so I figured I better get my act together and join in. My father and I just returned from a buffalo hunt in South Africa (Limpopo Area near Groblersdal) hunting with Charl van Rooyen and Infinito Safari. We had a successful hunt and most importantly a great time. This is my second time hunting in Africa, I did a plains game hunt many years ago but I've always wanted to go after a buffalo, and this year was my chance. I used my Winchester 1895 in .405 with CEB .350gr bullets at 2150fps. The hunt went exactly as hoped and I got a good old bull as I wanted.

Cheers,
Paul

Buffalo 2024.jpg

Great Buffalo! Love the spread and big drops! Congrats!

Really a good looking bull, congratulations

Well done. Congratulations

Congratulations on your successful Buffalo hunt.

Now thats a pretty cool first post!

Thanks for sharing and welcome to AH :S Welcome:

Nice buffalo. Glad you had the hunt you wanted and Charl is a true gentleman and a good PH.

Congratz

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thank you all for the kind comments, I’m truly happy with how everything went. Here’s a photo of my bull that my wife took right before I shot, she was in the truck shooting with a long lens. The gun and bullets performed well, I hit him three times in the shoulder/heart lungs area and my dad added a .375 for good measure. He dropped about 25 yards from where he was first shot . I’ve got a video of the whole event but I’m unsure on how to share it.

Cape Buffalo 2-0081.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a bit of a lurker on these boards, I've been reading a lot but not posting, so I figured I better get my act together and join in. My father and I just returned from a buffalo hunt in South Africa (Limpopo Area near Groblersdal) hunting with Charl van Rooyen and Infinito Safari. We had a successful hunt and most importantly a great time. This is my second time hunting in Africa, I did a plains game hunt many years ago but I've always wanted to go after a buffalo, and this year was my chance. I used my Winchester 1895 in .405 with CEB .350gr bullets at 2150fps. The hunt went exactly as hoped and I got a good old bull as I wanted.

Cheers,
Paul

View attachment 636727

Congratulations on a great trophy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeraMarsh2

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia