SOUTH AFRICA: First Buffalo

Great bull, congrats !
 
Beautiful bull. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce
 
Super Buffalo!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
 
Nice shooting in some really open terrain for SA.
 
Fantastic trophy taken with a great classic gun! Thank you for sharing and a very warm welcome aboard!
 
Bryan, thank you for posting the video for me. I’m to the right of the camera in the video, my dad has the go pro mounted on his hat, he’s shooting a .375 double, you can see he fires shortly after my first shot, he fires a second time but shoots low, happily all three of my shots landed well. Thanks for all the support.
Paul
 
Nice buff! Teddy Roosevelt would have been proud of that 1895!
 
Beautiful bull!
 
I love that you ran a lever gun.
Beautiful buffalo. Congrats!

I know a couple bear hunters that are very keen on their levers.

My dad always loved the 45 colt and 45-70 in his lever guns.
 
Congratulations! Great bull. And taken with the venerable .405. Teddy Roosevelt would be proud!
 
Helluva bull! Congrats!
 
Paul, Well done ! That is a fine bull.
I am a a real CEB fan. Their bullets bring the best out in any cartridge.
Your load with the 405 is on the high side of the 450-400NE for buffalo killing power and you can shoot it in that wonderful lever action. Good choice. Thanks for the report and photo. Brian
 
I would sure like to see your video of the kill. It sounds like you made a couple of quick follow shots with your model 95 ! ( The Rifle Man! )
He only went 25 yds. It sounds like you maybe hit him very well with your first shot, however it is always good to "pour the lead into him" and you can do it with that rifle.

The only way that I have done a video is post it on Youtube then post the link on this forum for us to go to youtube to watch it. I will be getting the popcorn ready!

As I say I would be very interested in seeing it. I am curious how your CEB bullets worked.

Thanks again, Brian
 
Paul, No pressure on the video but Pleeeeeeze hurry. Thanks Brian
 
Video was posted above...post #25
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,537
Latest member
FaeDelano
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top