SOUTH AFRICA: Buffalo With Craig Boddington

@Green Chile I thoroughly enjoyed your hunt report and your engaging writing style. You managed to take some exceptional trophies, partly due to your fantastic attitude/philosophy of having an open mind and squeezing every minute out of the day and never give up. BUT, what really inspired me was one particular sentence in your response when asked if writing the hunt report was a burden. “I don’t want to be average in any of my pursuits in life”. What a great mantra in life. It is one that many of us could live by.
PS. Being an Aussie I loved your analogy of those huge buffalo running down the mountain resembled a scene from The Man from Snowy River- a great Australian movie.

Thank you. Very kind. Some of the regulars here know me well but I coach leaders for a living. I have learned from many of them. Never give up and never stop learning!

Beautiful report, I enjoyed it very much. I am only two weeks back from my first SA hunt and have the blues, I can not wait to go back. I wake up in the morning and don't know what to do even though I have much to do. Everything is different now...

So many of us know what you mean Spey. There is a depression of sorts that can set in. That's why we encourage people to extend the experience by writing a nice hunt report as a record of your experiences (it takes effort). Also, think about what you would do next time you go. Start saving and budgeting for a trip. Think about your equipment and what needs to change or improve. Practice, reload, exercise...it becomes a lifestyle. Get some good books and read about famous safaris, etc. It helps!

So many of us know what you mean Spey. There is a depression of sorts that can set in. That's why we encourage people to extend the experience by writing a nice hunt report as a record of your experiences (it takes effort). Also, think about what you would do next time you go. Start saving and budgeting for a trip. Think about your equipment and what needs to change or improve. Practice, reload, exercise...it becomes a lifestyle. Get some good books and read about famous safaris, etc. It helps!
Thanks Coach, you are indeed inspiring!

We recover the bull while the others watch and the sky grows dark. This is definitely the widest buff I have taken. He is also very large in the body but not as heavy as the first bull. We borrow a trailer from the rancher and get him back to the skinning shed at the lodge. Later we put the tape on him and he is 47.5"

View attachment 621703

View attachment 621704

View attachment 621705
Congratulations on an incredible Buffalo of a lifetime! I also want to commend you on an excellent write up and Safari. I have had the pleasure of dining with Craig Boddington on a couple of occasions and have always found him to be a true gentleman.

HH

Thanks for your feedback! Always good to hear commentary from experienced hunters and forum members. I do enjoy writing the hunt reports and hope more people will put more efforts into their reports. They are very helpful for lessons learned, inspiration, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngleaGova

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?