SOUTH AFRICA: Buffalo With Craig Boddington

@Green Chile I thoroughly enjoyed your hunt report and your engaging writing style. You managed to take some exceptional trophies, partly due to your fantastic attitude/philosophy of having an open mind and squeezing every minute out of the day and never give up. BUT, what really inspired me was one particular sentence in your response when asked if writing the hunt report was a burden. “I don’t want to be average in any of my pursuits in life”. What a great mantra in life. It is one that many of us could live by.
PS. Being an Aussie I loved your analogy of those huge buffalo running down the mountain resembled a scene from The Man from Snowy River- a great Australian movie.

Thank you. Very kind. Some of the regulars here know me well but I coach leaders for a living. I have learned from many of them. Never give up and never stop learning!

Beautiful report, I enjoyed it very much. I am only two weeks back from my first SA hunt and have the blues, I can not wait to go back. I wake up in the morning and don't know what to do even though I have much to do. Everything is different now...

So many of us know what you mean Spey. There is a depression of sorts that can set in. That's why we encourage people to extend the experience by writing a nice hunt report as a record of your experiences (it takes effort). Also, think about what you would do next time you go. Start saving and budgeting for a trip. Think about your equipment and what needs to change or improve. Practice, reload, exercise...it becomes a lifestyle. Get some good books and read about famous safaris, etc. It helps!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaFarr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.