SOUTH AFRICA: Bos en Dal SAFARIS #6

Great report Mark, happy birthday my friend!

Well done and an exceptional rhino to boot.

Congrats! Excellent hunt. Looks like you did very well and had a great time there. Always enjoy your reports and this one was great as expected.
Bruce

Congrats on a great hunt! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing, what an amazing hunt! The Green Rhino hunt was the highlight for me! I would love to do one someday. Since I’m new to AH and haven’t had a chance to catch up on your other hunts, but I don’t know how this one could ever be topped! This to me is the best part of AH, reading about other members hunting experience and the primary reason I joined. Thanks again for sharing. Well written, a little drama and suspense to keep things a little exciting too! Hope your leg is healing up fine.

Thank you for sharing, what an amazing hunt! The Green Rhino hunt was the highlight for me! I would love to do one someday. Since I’m new to AH and haven’t had a chance to catch up on your other hunts, but I don’t know how this one could ever be topped! This to me is the best part of AH, reading about other members hunting experience and the primary reason I joined. Thanks again for sharing. Well written, a little drama and suspense to keep things a little exciting too! Hope your leg is healing up fine.

Well said!

Marks got some big trips planned these coming years and I can’t wait to hear about them.

Congratulations on an amazing safari, and happy belated birthday. That is for sure the best way to celebrate a birthday! Thanks for taking us along. BTW, what are you doing with animals taken? I'll give you a call one of these days, I have family in town.

After buff cow was loaded we headed back camp. Nice dinner and fire.

7/2
Last hunting day.
We left lodge about 7am. I am packing the 300 win mag this morning. We saw a mad several stalks on blues and got busted every time. About 9 or so we are headed towards area called 4 ways. More open area and there has been a particular Blue wildebeest bull Rikus has been wanting to get out of herd. No one has had a shot at him yet. We have seen him several times but he is smart. He is running with a herd of Blesbuck. Wes ease into 4 ways and spot him from a distance. Work the brush to within about 100 yards and he spots us and goes thru a patch brush into a large opening. His mistake. Sticks go up and Rikus asked if I had a shot thru the brush between us and him. There is a big enough window I say! FireDot settles between front legs for a frontal shot and he bucked and took off out of sight. We cleared the brush to the opening and he was laying about 90 yards away.
We loaded up after pics and headed to skinning shed. Robert and Dugga were not happy to see us. They are still cleaning up from yesterday. I tell them No More. This was the last one.
View attachment 618267

We went to lodge for remainder of day. I am done. I started doing some packing and just hanging out relaxing.
I reached my planned goal for this trip

6 safaris with Bos en Dal
61 animals
61 birthday trip
98 total days in camp over 6 safaris

We had nice dinner, drinks and fire, sat and talked about all the hunts.

7/3
Depart day.
Usual stuff done today. Packed said goodbyes. Went by JS Taxidermy discuss what needed to be done.
Brunch about 11am. Depart for Tambo
I am on DL201 and departs late 9:55pm.
Gerrit took me to airport. Here is what I like about Bos en Dal PH's. They just don't drop you off. We had awhile before Delta counter opened. Gerrit and any of his PHs stay with you. We had a hamburger and chatted until ticket counter opened. Bags checked and rifles checked. They stay with you all the way up until security check point.
DL 201 departed on time and flight had a lot of empty seats. I had window and no one next to me. Out of 8 seats in the row I was on only 3 ppl. About 15 or so empty in Premium and coach was about 3/4 full looked like. Flight uneventful.
Atlanta went really smooth. Lots of officers working customs line. Gun room was open when got there. I had 6 hour layover so let everyone go ahead of me. Guys there were cool. No issues. Rechecked thru to Houston with no issues and all smooth.

In closing.
I want to thank all of you for following along. Also to the ones on AH that kept in touch with me prior to this hunt, that knew I was having medical issues and uncertain if I would make the hunt. Your positive thoughts kept me going.

Also to Gerrit,Rikus, Francois and the entire Bos en Dal team for making this trip one of the best I have been on.
As always so very proud of all your accomplishments my friend!!! You always do our forum proud!!!!! Awesome hunt, experience and as you always do great report!!!!! Take good care of yourself given there are so many more hunts in your future!!!!!

Congratulations on an amazing safari, and happy belated birthday. That is for sure the best way to celebrate a birthday! Thanks for taking us along. BTW, what are you doing with animals taken? I'll give you a call one of these days, I have family in town.

The Giraffe skull and leg bone. Croc skull and hide are the only things coming back. It has gotten to expensive and I was there for the hunt! I have 2023 safari still there and combining both in one crate.

As always so very proud of all your accomplishments my friend!!! You always do our forum proud!!!!! Awesome hunt, experience and as you always do great report!!!!! Take good care of yourself given there are so many more hunts in your future!!!!!

Thank You for the kind words.

Mark, congratulations on your birthday safari. Elna is very good with birthday cake and homemade ice cream. Lots of great animals, thanks for taking us along on your adventure.

Congratulations on a great safari! Enjoyed the report, and...what a rhino!

Congratulations on a good hunt. Alls well that ends well. I always wondered what could or would happen if you got hit when those giraffes swing their heads when fighting. I’d say you were damn lucky!

Thanks for the report Mark. Sounds like you had a great time and then some with the giraffe! Thanks for sharing and glad you’re ok

That was a great hunt, congrats !

Great report and a good story. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guigeilizi5877

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg