Somebody needs to buy this 7x57

Pretty penny for what seems to be a military barreled action with replaced sights and oddly bent and milled original bolt.

Pretty penny for what seems to be a military barreled action with replaced sights and oddly bent and milled original bolt.
Agreed. It's more Old than Fine. A much finer rifle can be obtained in that price range.

I've seen that sort of bolt configuration on something else but can't recall what.

Engraving on the action says something about cordite. Would that limit what you can shoot out of it today?

Engraving on the action says something about cordite. Would that limit what you can shoot out of it today?
it still has the German nitro and "verstaerkter Beschuss" proofmarks, meaning it was only restocked in GB, but rebarrelled in Germany, He, who scalloped that bolted knew nothing about the mechanics of rapid bolt cycling. good DWM actions goo for 800-1000S, 3500 $ for the wood??

it still has the German nitro and "verstaerkter Beschuss" proofmarks, meaning it was only restocked in GB, but rebarrelled in Germany, He, who scalloped that bolted knew nothing about the mechanics of rapid bolt cycling. good DWM actions goo for 800-1000S, 3500 $ for the wood??
it's new math. we wouldn't understand. 'Hate to say it but i used to drop by Griffin & Howe all the time, check out their used inventory, inquire about custom guns, etc. and the fact is they were peddling a LOT of old crappy guns for way too much money. I back this up by saying i was interested in one particular old big bore (and when they inquired what i was going to do with it-take it on DG hunts, they refused to sell it to me!) LOL Nothing bad to say about their custom new orders-they still had the finest craftsmen from the world over making whatever peoples' hearts desired! The handmade stocks (from a sri lankan) drive their prices through the roof when others would simply use a modern CNC lathe to make a perfect stock for thousands less. But then again, Abercrombie & Fitch is now a girls store at malls. LOL (they were orginally safari outfitters.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notes55

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available