So, I Was In The Loading Room Today...

I’m down to 37 days before I retire and I’ll be able to spend more time at the reloading bench :ROFLMAO:

I’m down to 37 days before I retire and I’ll be able to spend more time at the reloading bench :ROFLMAO:
I will retire when my wife tells me to!

@PARA45
Your kidding yoursef old son.
When you retire the wife will have you doing the stuff you've been putting if for a while. You will be lucky to see the reloading room let alone go into it.
Womenfolk have a strange way of keeping you busy in ways and with jobs you didn't even know existed.
Bob

@PARA45
When you retire the wife will have you doing the stuff you've been putting if for a while. You will be lucky to see the reloading room let alone go into it.
Womenfolk have a strange way of keeping you busy in ways and with jobs you didn't even know existed.
Bob
Well sh*t Bob, thanks for deflating my bubble. I may just continue to work then. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

@PARA45
Bob
So,So, True. Last year the wife and I did a whole house remodel. At the moment I am making her some shelving made from a Mesquite tree we took down a couple of years back. Once that is finished she wants me to build an out door kitchen with a pizza oven. I am glad we are doing it but it just never stops.

About a year and half ago, we decided to change the floors in our house, and we were going to do the work ourselves. My wife and I shook on it, that she would not nag, push, or give me a timeline. We did 3/4 of the house, it took us about two months to do it and we did it without a single argument. :ROFLMAO:

I basically said the same thing for her. I'll be home and I'll do things my way, no nagging, and no timelines, we shook on it. I've been taking 3 days off a week to burn some leave, and Mrs. PARA45 has been happy with my time management and duties. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

My wife went to spend a few days with our youngest daughter and the grandkids, so you know where I spent my day. Got caught up on 30-06's for Wyoming in a few weeks and also loaded up some nice quiet, sub-sonic 300 BLK's for the upcoming whitetail season here in the neighborhood. Every time I load these things I have to smile a little. It just seems a bit screwy to have your bullet being longer than the case.
ymail-tmp-3254364376012492126.jpg

I did a little experimenting with my 300 BLK while I was loading. I reduced my sub-sonic loads by .3 of a grain of powder and was shocked by the results. My average velocity went from 948 fps down to 806 fps. I was not expecting such a dramatic loss of speed. Accuracy also suffered quite a bit. Lesson learned and now I'm going back to 11.5 gr.

So,So, True. Last year the wife and I did a whole house remodel.
You must be the $6M man!!
We couldn't complete an outhouse remodel in one year!!

I walk down to my reloading bench and after I have a few moments of quiet introspection about my obvious lack of organization and ability to take on one project at a time, I like to open a container of 4198 and take a long slow drag from it.
That olfactory stimulation corrects my previous personal misgivings and sets everything right in the grey cells.
Harmony restored - and then my phone rings...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BreannaBro

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles