Show your work horses and bubba rifles

The closest thing to a Bubba rifle I have is this. What makes it "Bubba"? If we are to believe etymologists, the word is an alteration of "brother".... in this case, this rifle is like the little brother who doesn't want to be left behind and insists on coming along:

View attachment 606752

View attachment 606753
What caliber is it Chambered in?

Melvin, is that the same 425 Express round from the early 1900s?
I reckon you are thinking of the 425 Westley Richards mate.
The 425 Express is quite modern. It’s the .300 Win Mag necked up to .423 (y)
Awesome cartridge!

Russ

@Badboymelvin
After shooting that rifle I call it the pussycat that roars. Gentle in the recoil but packs a big punch in tuther end.
Bob

I disagree Bob, I think its recoil is substantial.
At 8.5lb it’s especially awful off the bench…
I wish l had’ve read your comment before l sighted it in last weekend! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Russ

I disagree Bob, I think its recoil is substantial.
At 8.5lb it’s especially awful off the bench…
I wish l had’ve read your comment before l sighted it in last weekend! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Russ
@Badboymelvin
Russ
When I shot it I thought I would need 2 pairs of big boy pants from what you were saying BUT I could have worn my wife's frilly knickers ( if they fitted me) that's how pleasant I found it.
If I could post the video of me shooting it I would. Then again it did look small in my hands looking back at it.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meiyejiujie262

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?