Show your work horses and bubba rifles

The closest thing to a Bubba rifle I have is this. What makes it "Bubba"? If we are to believe etymologists, the word is an alteration of "brother".... in this case, this rifle is like the little brother who doesn't want to be left behind and insists on coming along:

View attachment 606752

View attachment 606753
What caliber is it Chambered in?

Melvin, is that the same 425 Express round from the early 1900s?
I reckon you are thinking of the 425 Westley Richards mate.
The 425 Express is quite modern. It’s the .300 Win Mag necked up to .423 (y)
Awesome cartridge!

Russ

@Badboymelvin
After shooting that rifle I call it the pussycat that roars. Gentle in the recoil but packs a big punch in tuther end.
Bob

I disagree Bob, I think its recoil is substantial.
At 8.5lb it’s especially awful off the bench…
I wish l had’ve read your comment before l sighted it in last weekend! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Russ

I disagree Bob, I think its recoil is substantial.
At 8.5lb it’s especially awful off the bench…
I wish l had’ve read your comment before l sighted it in last weekend! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Russ
@Badboymelvin
Russ
When I shot it I thought I would need 2 pairs of big boy pants from what you were saying BUT I could have worn my wife's frilly knickers ( if they fitted me) that's how pleasant I found it.
If I could post the video of me shooting it I would. Then again it did look small in my hands looking back at it.
Bob

It might not look well-worn, but my Winchester Featherweight stainless/walnut has the most miles on it…several safaris and countless Texas and Colorado miles in the last 20+ years. Shoots 180gr BarnesX into cloverleafs all day long. Absolutely, my go-to rifle. I found another one at auction a couple years ago and got it as a spare should something ever happen to this one.

Management buck and a whopper pig in S Texas last year.
1729251462948.jpeg

Respectable kudu in Namibia 15 yrs ago
1729251507099.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
francisgriffin2

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia