Show Us Your Hunting Knife

While on Safari in South Africa 2 weeks ago I visited Lion Hearted Bladeworks. I met the owner, Carl, and he gave me a show of the lineup. I have contracted him to make a special order knife for me. It will be a Pikal style knife with Damascus steel. The handle will be from a Golden Wildebeest that I actually harvested while there. The sheath (front pocket clip type) will be made of Red Hartabeest as I took a Gold Medal SCI Red Hartabeest while there.
I will post pics when I get it. For anybody who is hunting in or near Limpopo- I suggest you give them a look.

While on Safari in South Africa 2 weeks ago I visited Lion Hearted Bladeworks. I met the owner, Carl, and he gave me a show of the lineup. I have contracted him to make a special order knife for me. It will be a Pikal style knife with Damascus steel. The handle will be from a Golden Wildebeest that I actually harvested while there. The sheath (front pocket clip type) will be made of Red Hartabeest as I took a Gold Medal SCI Red Hartabeest while there.
I will post pics when I get it. For anybody who is hunting in or near Limpopo- I suggest you give them a look.
Are you using horn or bone from the wildebeest?

One of my hunting knifes. A custom knife from Burger Knives in South Africa. It’s a pleasure to use and easy on the eye!

IMG_2690.jpeg

Upon discovering Von Gruff Knives through this forum, I placed an order for matching Safari and Lion knives, both of which just arrived.

Basic specs for both:
- Flat grind
- Yellow cedar burl handles
- Lanyard tube w/ leather lanyard
- Closed tope sheath

The “Safari knife” is, well, self explanatory; the “Lion knife”, was just because it is a memorable story from the life of Harry Wolhuter about courage and determination against the odds!

I hope to pass them along one day to my son Zander (who is currently 2), so I also engraved them with his first initial.

They are remarkably beautiful and perfect! Garry @nztimb is a true craftsman and I am greatly appreciative to enjoy his handiwork!!

IMG_5532.jpeg
IMG_5534.jpeg
IMG_5533.jpeg
IMG_5535.jpeg
IMG_5536.jpeg

Last edited:
Upon discovering Von Gruff Knives through this forum, I placed an order for matching Safari and Lion knives, both of which just arrived.

Basic specs for both:
- Flat grind
- Yellow cedar burl handles
- Lanyard tube w/ leather lanyard
- Closed tope sheath

The “Safari knife” is, well, self explanatory; the “Lion knife”, was just because it is a memorable story from the life of Harry Wolhuter about courage and determination against the odds!

I hope to pass them along one day to my son Zander (who is currently 2), so I also engraved them with his first initial.

They are remarkably beautiful and perfect! Garry @nztimb is a true craftsman and I am greatly appreciative to enjoy his handiwork!!

View attachment 624762View attachment 624763View attachment 624764View attachment 624765View attachment 624766
Excellent! I saw those on his FB page the other day as he was shipping them. Awesome that they are going to a forum member. Very nice

ive never liked his knives,boring.to each his or her own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badwdesdqsd

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available