Shipping Costs to PA

Attached is an estimate I had worked up last month into Chicago from a shop in Polokwane, Limpopo, RSA. It is a pretty good size crate as you will see, but not Giraffe size...:) Hope it helps.
looking at the price they quoted I would check with Splitting Image as those prices are about twice the price of Splitting Image prices. i.e. the impala listed shoulder mount of 1316.00 is 670.00 with Splitting, the buff shoulder mount is listed as 3750.00 and splitting is 1375.00 I do not know what the scrotum prices are though. just a thought. I just had mine shipped to Chicago and Badger was the way to go, Condor Cargo was higher from Polokwane by a few hundred .

A lot of great info here. Anybody here vouch for services in Chicago? Chicago is a short drive for me, i would be happy to pick up my trophies when they are shipped here. My trip is planned for August and I like to get things in order ahead of time. Thanks to everyone!

A lot of great info here. Anybody here vouch for services in Chicago? Chicago is a short drive for me, i would be happy to pick up my trophies when they are shipped here. My trip is planned for August and I like to get things in order ahead of time. Thanks to everyone!

All my importation has been through Chicago over the past decade. USFWS and USDA in Chicago are reasonable. ORD is a major international hub so freight costs to ORD are competitive. ORD doesn't have the cargo delays of LAX and other ports of entry. Coppersmith is a very qualified customs broker only ten minutes from the terminal and they have made zero mistakes for me in the past.

Lastly, if Chicago isn't your last stop, once it clears with Coppersmith you need a "last mile" freight company to ship stuff to you or a taxidermist in the USA. LTL trucking services from Chicago to the rest of the USA are pretty darned reasonable because its the middle of the nation.

Postscript: If there is one thing I've learned having spent about $35,000 on taxidermy so far is that you should always get less taxidermy than you think. Smaller pieces. More curios. Less shoulder mounts. A.) You run out of room/walls, B.) The stuff you mount from your first hunts may not be "Trophies" to you by your third hunt where you've surpassed it. C.) Taxidermy always costs 3x-4x what you think its going to cost by the time its in your living room. D.) People move, when you do you're going to realize most of your stuff doesn't fit quite right or is posed wrong for the next house. Hunt more, mount less stuff.

I just received mine in Chicago using Badger Cargo and Laura with Coppersmiths and Orlando at Coppersmiths for the delivery to my home and the service was great communication was very good and timely. they picked up my crate asap so there were no storage fees as Delta handled the freight and the price was fair.

looking at the price they quoted I would check with Splitting Image as those prices are about twice the price of Splitting Image prices. i.e. the impala listed shoulder mount of 1316.00 is 670.00 with Splitting, the buff shoulder mount is listed as 3750.00 and splitting is 1375.00 I do not know what the scrotum prices are though. just a thought. I just had mine shipped to Chicago and Badger was the way to go, Condor Cargo was higher from Polokwane by a few hundred .
Yeah, if you look at this quote it is from the shipper...those are numbers you are looking at are used for insurance - NOT what the taxidermist charges. My taxidermy prices are about the same are yours. This is just a quote....you have to decipher it a little.......it is just for information.

Yes, I have used Coppersmith in both Chicago and Seattle. In Chicago call Laura Durgin with your questions. She is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiillmara

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg