Several Rifles to Sell

Sounds like you need a wall on the Northwest side of the state!

I live in GA, and unfortunately, we are getting inundated by those from NY, NY, etc. :(

I live in GA, and unfortunately, we are getting inundated by those from NY, NY, etc. :(
You should live in Pennsylvania. I'm on the NJ & NY border and they dump in here to retire from high property taxes like rats running from a flood.

I’ve lived in one before (still bought multiple guns at once).

I’m pretty confident my current state will not go entirely blue in my lifetime, especially at the state level.
I can make multiple gun purchases here too, just never have.

Regardless, there are no communist states in America, not any.

In what world are we now talking about Texas going blue....craziness.
I grew-up in New England. All it takes is a couple of the major cities turning blue and they swing the entire state. You’ll see it more often in the national elections than the local elections. If you look at the voting in the last few elections each major city in Texas (Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio) they all traditionally voted Blue. Texas is still red but it’s unfortunately getting closer and closer to purple.

I saw the shift happen in Georgia while there. It’s happened in Colorado, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. It’s been a while since I looked, but wasn’t PA formerly a Red State prior to the early 1990’s? Guess all those folks trying to escape the taxes of NY/NJ still want to vote for a few of their liberal policies not realizing it brings everything left and you get elected officials like Fetterman, and Casey.

It’s a two pronged issue; First it has to do with people leaving 1 state for financial reasons, better job outlook, a reprieve from certain policies they don’t agree with but not changing their voting habits or even changing all but 1. Second it’s the education system. A majority of educational professionals are left of center leaning voters, there’s a natural tendency for biases because of that. Youth today are being indoctrinated via education to lean left and are punished for questioning what’s being regurgitated to them, or formulating their own thoughts and opinions.

I prefer selling here on AH.. you get a larger audience on GB.. but there are fees involved and they have made selling a bit of an administrative challenge of late that I'd prefer not deal with..

Here I know several of the fairly frequent buyers.. so I dont mind making them a good deal.. ultimately that comes back around and I end up getting a good deal on something I want to buy the next time around.. and if youre selling calibers common to hunting Africa/Europe/Elsewhere there tends to be a lot more appreciation and understanding of what you've got as opposed to other places (here everyone is going to understand a 300 H&H and how it is similar/different from a 300 WM... theyre going to appreciate why an "American" would have a 375 H&H and why they would want one.. etc)..

I tend to buy here more than elsewhere lately as well.. GB used to be my "go to" site for finding whatever it is I am looking for at a good price.. but lately Ive noticed a lot of stuff being listed for significantly higher than I think its probably worth (and then not selling).. it seems many of the people listing on GB think the market is inflated more than it is... and many of the buyers disagree..

The last 3 rifles I have purchased.. and the last 2 I have sold or traded.. have all been done here on AH..
I am interested in your advice on how and where to list my double rifle. I have listed it here and initially it got a whole lotta interest to the point I thought I had it sold. Then interest trailed off. It is a HEYM 88B SAFARI 500 NE in great shape. ( See my ad here if you would like.) I know one has to be patient concerning a high end rifle. I don’t think I have it overpriced at $16K with brass, bullets, loading dies and trimmer with pilot. What say you? Do I “bump” my ad to keep it fresh as with other sites? I’m new at this and am not up to speed as to what to do. I would like to avoid the fees such as on GUNSAMERICA as I have it listed there too with no inquiries so far. I would like it to go to a good home if possible. Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve

I grew-up in New England. All it takes is a couple of the major cities turning blue and they swing the entire state. You’ll see it more often in the national elections than the local elections. If you look at the voting in the last few elections each major city in Texas (Houston, DFW, Austin, and San Antonio) they all traditionally voted Blue. Texas is still red but it’s unfortunately getting closer and closer to purple.

I saw the shift happen in Georgia while there. It’s happened in Colorado, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. It’s been a while since I looked, but wasn’t PA formerly a Red State prior to the early 1990’s? Guess all those folks trying to escape the taxes of NY/NJ still want to vote for a few of their liberal policies not realizing it brings everything left and you get elected officials like Fetterman, and Casey.

It’s a two pronged issue; First it has to do with people leaving 1 state for financial reasons, better job outlook, a reprieve from certain policies they don’t agree with but not changing their voting habits or even changing all but 1. Second it’s the education system. A majority of educational professionals are left of center leaning voters, there’s a natural tendency for biases because of that. Youth today are being indoctrinated via education to lean left and are punished for questioning what’s being regurgitated to them, or formulating their own thoughts and opinions.
Idaho is definitely not blue!

I am interested in your advice on how and where to list my double rifle. I have listed it here and initially it got a whole lotta interest to the point I thought I had it sold. Then interest trailed off. It is a HEYM 88B SAFARI 500 NE in great shape. ( See my ad here if you would like.) I know one has to be patient concerning a high end rifle. I don’t think I have it overpriced at $16K with brass, bullets, loading dies and trimmer with pilot. What say you? Do I “bump” my ad to keep it fresh as with other sites? I’m new at this and am not up to speed as to what to do. I would like to avoid the fees such as on GUNSAMERICA as I have it listed there too with no inquiries so far. I would like it to go to a good home if possible. Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Steve
Same happened (is happening) to me. Although mine is LH so way fewer audience. I took mine off gunbroker after I sold a few others and got hit with a huge bill. I listed on guns international and I think it’s just a one time fee? So if you don’t mind I’ll eavesdrop on the advice you get.

Same happened (is happening) to me. Although mine is LH so way fewer audience. I took mine off gunbroker after I sold a few others and got hit with a huge bill. I listed on guns international and I think it’s just a one time fee? So if you don’t mind I’ll eavesdrop on the advice you get.
Brother I don’t mind at all! We’re all in this together as a brotherhood!

Thanks!

Steve

@nsussf57 Steve,
Here is unsolicited input from me...
There are three price points for selling:
A. What the item is worth, actual value. This may take a while to sell at actual value especially for a high priced rifle such as a Heym.
B. The price an item will sell fairly quickly at. This is 85-90% of the above fair price.
C. The price set when one needs to pay the rent. Probably 70% of the actual value.

How soon do you want or need to sell it?
Is your price at or better a little below what very similar items are listed at?

Once folks return from SCI there may be someone interested in your rifle.

I prefer Guns International for selling guns. It is not as fast as Gun Broker but the cost is about $20 per gun. For me, they always let me relist for free after each six-month period.

Otherwise, I had JJ Perodeau sell a double for me. He charges 15% but... When one buys a double from JJ, they can be sure it is a good rifle!

Last edited:
@nsussf57 Steve,
Here is unsolicited input from me...
There are three price points for selling:
A. What the item is worth, actual value. This may take a while to sell at actual value especially for a high priced rifle such as a Heym.
B. The price an item will sell fairly quickly at. This is 85-90% of the above fair price.
C. The price set when one needs to pay the rent. Probably 70% of the actual value.

How soon do you want or need to sell it?
Is your price at or better a little below what very similar items are listed at?

Once folks return from SCI there may be someone interested in your rifle.

I prefer Guns International for selling guns. It is not as fast as Gun Broker but the cost is about $20 per gun. For me, they always let me relist for free after each six-month period.

Otherwise, I had JJ Perodeau sell a double for me. He charges 15% but... When one buys a double from JJ, they can be sure it is a good rifle!
Hi Mark!

My humble apologies for being behind in responding to your honest input! I have been under the weather for the last several days with the RSV virus. It’s definitely not something I want to repeat anytime soon!
Anyway, I think I have it priced about right and including brass, bullets, dies and case trimmer as a bonus. The rifle is in excellent condition both mechanically and physically with exception to two small blemishes at the left muzzle and left chamber on the barrel. It got tipped over on a bench and got bruised. OTW she is in perfect condition with mirror bores.
I signed on/created an account with Guns International and they have excellent tutorials for listing. I do have it listed on GunsAmerica but it has gotten 0 replies. I was covered up for a little bit by listing it here on AH. I have enjoyed all the responses from the good folks on this site!
GI enlightened me especially on the importance of taking detailed pics! So I’m gonna give them a try.
I’m somewhat flexible on the price but I am not in a hurry to sell it. It is too nice of a rifle and I don’t owe no rent thank God! It’s got a home here for as long as it takes. I would love for it to go to someone who has the wherewithal to take her on a Safari and use it for the purpose it was intended. So I think my first job is to take some highly detailed pics and follow GI’s instructions to a T. Thank you so much for your highly valued advice!

All the best to you and yours!

Steve

Hi Mark!

My humble apologies for being behind in responding to your honest input! I have been under the weather for the last several days with the RSV virus. It’s definitely not something I want to repeat anytime soon!
Anyway, I think I have it priced about right and including brass, bullets, dies and case trimmer as a bonus. The rifle is in excellent condition both mechanically and physically with exception to two small blemishes at the left muzzle and left chamber on the barrel. It got tipped over on a bench and got bruised. OTW she is in perfect condition with mirror bores.
I signed on/created an account with Guns International and they have excellent tutorials for listing. I do have it listed on GunsAmerica but it has gotten 0 replies. I was covered up for a little bit by listing it here on AH. I have enjoyed all the responses from the good folks on this site!
GI enlightened me especially on the importance of taking detailed pics! So I’m gonna give them a try.
I’m somewhat flexible on the price but I am not in a hurry to sell it. It is too nice of a rifle and I don’t owe no rent thank God! It’s got a home here for as long as it takes. I would love for it to go to someone who has the wherewithal to take her on a Safari and use it for the purpose it was intended. So I think my first job is to take some highly detailed pics and follow GI’s instructions to a T. Thank you so much for your highly valued advice!

All the best to you and yours!

Steve
Evening Mark!

Your advice was spot on! I listed my rifle on GunsInternational and in two days I sold it to a man who lives 15 or so miles from me! He is going on an Elephant hunt, he does have a Heym ordered but they couldn’t fill the order before he goes on his hunt. ( A month after he gets back.)
Anyway he was thrilled to get it, the LOP fit him to a T and my wish for it to be used as intended has been fulfilled! Now I can go on my dream hunt vicariously through my new found Friend!
Thank you so much for your great advice!

Laus Deo!

Steve

Nice looking rifles. Looking for a 460 Weatherby Magnum. Are you parting with one? Please PM me at [redacted] if you have one you are willing to part with. Thanks
Hi Sam Byrd, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

The PM system on AH is called Conversations.

If you go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/ you will find your messages there. If you want to start a conversation, go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/and click on the button that says Start Conversation or go to the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/add.

Also by clicking on a member's avatar, a window will open up giving you the ability to click on a link called Start Conversation to send a message to that member.

Conversations are private just like Private Messages (PMs). Conversations unlike PMs can be between 2 people or more but remain private for those who are part of the conversation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetNarva

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com