Several Rifles to Sell

Perhaps CO has a different view of it from WA. This state is well known for taxing and here at least it is not optional.
However if you buy from a GB seller, the tax will be collected correct?
Have to plead ignorance on this, as I haven't bought anything off GB in years. But if GB didn't collect it, I am quite confident it would not be collected by any of the FFLs I use, and I can assure you, I would not send it on my own....

If you live in a tax state, the tax still has to be paid. Its just more convenient to let GB handle it than having to give more money to the FFL at pickup, and then make him handle the tax.
Never had an FFL collect sales tax here in WI with anything shipped in. There is a spot on the Wisconsin State Tax return where you had to claim all no taxed purchases. Pay em $75-ish a year and they did not audit you.

Have to plead ignorance on this, as I haven't bought anything off GB in years. But if GB didn't collect it, I am quite confident it would not be collected by any of the FFLs I use, and I can assure you, I would not send it on my own....
Well next time you buy thru GB you will see the tax added to your total amount, or unless something is different in CO that does not demand the tax be paid, the FFL will collect it from you directly.

Never had an FFL collect sales tax here in WI with anything shipped in. There is a spot on the Wisconsin State Tax return where you had to claim all no taxed purchases. Pay em $75-ish a year and they did not audit you.
Every state has its own little things they do differently. Looks to me like GB would collect tax from WI for gun purchases. See state list below, WI is on it as is CO. Welcome to the party guys!

Wisconsin​

• Destination state
  • Threshold of $100,000 or 200 transactions in the current or previous year
  • Shipping is taxable if the product is taxable
Wisconsin recognizes the following types of nexus:

• Physical nexus
  • Employee nexus
  • Inventory nexus
  • Property ownership nexus
Wisconsin began requiring remote sellers with economic nexus to collect and remit sales tax in 2018. Marketplace facilitators are recognized in Wisconsin, and sellers are not required to register if all sales are made through a facilitator’s platform.

Wisconsin has a number of unique sales tax-exempt items: in addition to groceries prescription drugs, some agricultural items, medical devices, and manufacturing equipment may be exempt. Sales tax filings may be required monthly, quarterly, or annually.
These are the states that GB collects taxes from.

Sales Tax

Since the Wayfair Supreme Court decision, states have been allowed to force sellers to collect sales tax for items sold into a state, even if the seller has no physical presence in that state. Additionally, some states have enacted so called Marketplace Facilitator (MPF) laws in an effort to force marketplaces that perform certain functions to collect sales tax on behalf of the marketplace’s sellers. GunBroker.com complies with the new laws and collects and remits sales tax on all sales by all sellers who sell items into certain states.

The GunBroker.com MPF States

GunBroker.com calculates, collects, and remits sales tax on behalf of all sellers with sales in states with sales tax, including the following:

Note: Effective January 1, 2023 Missouri became the final sate with sales tax to require MPF Sales Tax collection. All states with sales tax now require MPF tax collection.

• Alabama - AL
  • Alaska - AK
  • Arizona - AZ
  • Arkansas - AR
  • California - CA
  • Colorado - CO
  • Connecticut - CT
  • District of Columbia - DC
  • Florida - FL
  • Georgia – GA
  • Hawaii - HI
  • Idaho - ID
  • Illinois - IL
  • Indiana – IN
  • Iowa – IA
  • Kansas - KS
  • Kentucky – KY
  • Louisiana - LA
  • Maine – ME
  • Maryland - MD
  • Massachusetts - MA
  • Michigan - MI
  • Minnesota - MN
  • Mississippi - MS
  • Missouri - MO
  • Nebraska – NE
  • Nevada – NV
  • New Jersey – NJ
  • New Mexico - NM
  • New York - NY
  • North Carolina - NC
  • North Dakota - ND
  • Ohio - OH
  • Oklahoma - OK
  • Pennsylvania - PA
  • Puerto Rico - PR
  • Rhode Island - RI
  • South Carolina - SC
  • South Dakota - SD
  • Tennessee - TN
  • Texas - TX
  • Utah - UT
  • Vermont - VT
  • Virginia - VA
  • Washington - WA
  • West Virginia - WV
  • Wisconsin - WI
  • Wyoming - WY

Every state has its own little things they do differently. Looks to me like GB would collect tax from WI for gun purchases. See state list below, WI is on it as is CO. Welcome to the party guys!

Wisconsin​

• Destination state
  • Threshold of $100,000 or 200 transactions in the current or previous year
  • Shipping is taxable if the product is taxable
Wisconsin recognizes the following types of nexus:

• Physical nexus
  • Employee nexus
  • Inventory nexus
  • Property ownership nexus
Wisconsin began requiring remote sellers with economic nexus to collect and remit sales tax in 2018. Marketplace facilitators are recognized in Wisconsin, and sellers are not required to register if all sales are made through a facilitator’s platform.

Wisconsin has a number of unique sales tax-exempt items: in addition to groceries prescription drugs, some agricultural items, medical devices, and manufacturing equipment may be exempt. Sales tax filings may be required monthly, quarterly, or annually.
These are the states that GB collects taxes from.

Sales Tax

Since the Wayfair Supreme Court decision, states have been allowed to force sellers to collect sales tax for items sold into a state, even if the seller has no physical presence in that state. Additionally, some states have enacted so called Marketplace Facilitator (MPF) laws in an effort to force marketplaces that perform certain functions to collect sales tax on behalf of the marketplace’s sellers. GunBroker.com complies with the new laws and collects and remits sales tax on all sales by all sellers who sell items into certain states.

The GunBroker.com MPF States

GunBroker.com calculates, collects, and remits sales tax on behalf of all sellers with sales in states with sales tax, including the following:

Note: Effective January 1, 2023 Missouri became the final sate with sales tax to require MPF Sales Tax collection. All states with sales tax now require MPF tax collection.

• Alabama - AL
  • Alaska - AK
  • Arizona - AZ
  • Arkansas - AR
  • California - CA
  • Colorado - CO
  • Connecticut - CT
  • District of Columbia - DC
  • Florida - FL
  • Georgia – GA
  • Hawaii - HI
  • Idaho - ID
  • Illinois - IL
  • Indiana – IN
  • Iowa – IA
  • Kansas - KS
  • Kentucky – KY
  • Louisiana - LA
  • Maine – ME
  • Maryland - MD
  • Massachusetts - MA
  • Michigan - MI
  • Minnesota - MN
  • Mississippi - MS
  • Missouri - MO
  • Nebraska – NE
  • Nevada – NV
  • New Jersey – NJ
  • New Mexico - NM
  • New York - NY
  • North Carolina - NC
  • North Dakota - ND
  • Ohio - OH
  • Oklahoma - OK
  • Pennsylvania - PA
  • Puerto Rico - PR
  • Rhode Island - RI
  • South Carolina - SC
  • South Dakota - SD
  • Tennessee - TN
  • Texas - TX
  • Utah - UT
  • Vermont - VT
  • Virginia - VA
  • Washington - WA
  • West Virginia - WV
  • Wisconsin - WI
  • Wyoming - WY

So it appears to me to be even more advantageous to utilize the classified sections of the various forums to sell one's firearms. There would be no MPF involved, therefore no requirement to collect sales tax. These classifieds are considered individual to individual, no facilitator (read, business benefitting from the sale through fees, % of sale collected, etc.) involved; there is no house cut.
Never underestimate the ability of government to try and suck another penny out of the pockets of people. CO did try and pass a requirement to collect sales tax if you hosted a garage sale a number of years back. To my knowledge, it failed miserably to pass and hasn't been attempted since.
The last gun show I bought something at (2018 or 19?), from an individual, not a business, no sales tax was collected. I did have to fill out a 4473 and go through a NICS check, but no sales tax paid. The businesses with tables were collecting taxes on their sales.

So it appears to me to be even more advantageous to utilize the classified sections of the various forums to sell one's firearms. There would be no MPF involved, therefore no requirement to collect sales tax. These classifieds are considered individual to individual, no facilitator (read, business benefitting from the sale through fees, % of sale collected, etc.) involved; there is no house cut.
Never underestimate the ability of government to try and suck another penny out of the pockets of people. CO did try and pass a requirement to collect sales tax if you hosted a garage sale a number of years back. To my knowledge, it failed miserably to pass and hasn't been attempted since.
The last gun show I bought something at (2018 or 19?), from an individual, not a business, no sales tax was collected. I did have to fill out a 4473 and go through a NICS check, but no sales tax paid. The businesses with tables were collecting taxes on their sales.
I only know for certain, that in WA state, doesnt matter how I got it or from whom, Sales tax is collected.

Its either by GB or if purchased elsewhere, at my FFL at pickup. Aint no gettin' around it.

I only know for certain, that in WA state, doesnt matter how I got it or from whom, Sales tax is collected.

Its either by GB or if purchased elsewhere, at my FFL at pickup. Aint no gettin' around it.
Not surprised, I know WA politics (lived there in the past, lots of family still in WA).
Another question; can you do a FTF with another WA resident and sell them a gun? Or do you have the same bs that CO implemented that said sale requires finding an FFL to do a NICS check? (As of Oct 1, 2023, in CO you now have to wait 3 days after that check to actually transfer the gun.)

Not surprised, I know WA politics (lived there in the past, lots of family still in WA).
Another question; can you do a FTF with another WA resident and sell them a gun? Or do you have the same bs that CO implemented that said sale requires finding an FFL to do a NICS check? (As of Oct 1, 2023, in CO you now have to wait 3 days after that check to actually transfer the gun.)
No FTF anymore, all must go FFL, the only exception being within a family. If I give my son a gun, no need for FFL.
As of January 2024 ALL gun sales are mandatory 10 business day wait.

No FTF anymore, all must go FFL, the only exception being within a family. If I give my son a gun, no need for FFL.
As of January 2024 ALL gun sales are mandatory 10 business day wait.
Forgot but was reminded today at the LGS buying a couple of things,,, note on the counter says,,

Next month ALL gun purchases must show proof of approved gun safety course. I took an online course when this was first passed about 5 years ago, but it was only needed to purchase a semi auto firearm, now its ALL firearms.
The good things are, that its an online course and the state pays for it, well the state pays for it with our tax dollars, so we pay for it.

Other thing the note said that I forgot was there is now an $18 fee for background checks on every gun purchase. Multiple guns can be done for one BG check though and one fee.
But who buys multiple guns at the same time? I think the most I ever bought at once is 2 and quite by accident.
Gotta love WA gun laws!

Forgot but was reminded today at the LGS buying a couple of things,,, note on the counter says,,

Next month ALL gun purchases must show proof of approved gun safety course. I took an online course when this was first passed about 5 years ago, but it was only needed to purchase a semi auto firearm, now its ALL firearms.
The good things are, that its an online course and the state pays for it, well the state pays for it with our tax dollars, so we pay for it.

Other thing the note said that I forgot was there is now an $18 fee for background checks on every gun purchase. Multiple guns can be done for one BG check though and one fee.
But who buys multiple guns at the same time? I think the most I ever bought at once is 2 and quite by accident.
Gotta love WA gun laws!
As a Hunter Safety Course focuses on firearms safety, will WA accept your hunter safety card? CO charges $10 for the NICS check; I believe that was set through the legislature.

As a Hunter Safety Course focuses on firearms safety, will WA accept your hunter safety card? CO charges $10 for the NICS check; I believe that was set through the legislature.
I was told it had to be this one online course, but I have not looked into it. LOL, I still have my hunter safety card from about 1965!!
And anyway, IIRC the card had to be issued within the last 5 years. My HS card wont help me!!
I just plan to take the online course and be done with it.
If it had been a physical course, where I had to go to some stupid class I wouldn't bother. Screw it!

Is it bad I am picking up 6 stripped lowers, a rifle and a handgun later this week? Thank goodness I am in Wisconsin

Gotta love WA gun laws!
I get multiple guns at the same time quite regularly. Guess we can add that as another reason for not living in a communist state.

I get multiple guns at the same time quite regularly. Guess we can add that as another reason for not living in a communist state.
You will get there, just going to take a little longer. All it will take is a dem Gov and a tard AG and badda boom, you too can live in a communist state!
Anyway WA is stupid in many ways, but its not a communist state.

You will get there, just going to take a little longer. All it will take is a dem Gov and a tard AG and badda boom, you too can live in a communist state!
Anyway WA is stupid in many ways, but it’s not a communist state.
I’ve lived in one before (still bought multiple guns at once).

I’m pretty confident my current state will not go entirely blue in my lifetime, especially at the state level.

In what world are we now talking about Texas going blue....craziness.

I’ve lived in one before (still bought multiple guns at once).

I’m pretty confident my current state will not go entirely blue in my lifetime, especially at the state level.

I don't know. The amount of Kalifornians moving to TX is alarming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetNarva

Latest profile posts

jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!
We 'll visit Livingstone / Vic Falls for 3 days and 2 nights. Back to Mapcha by car, back to WDH with Airlink (grab my rifles and belongings) and the same day back to Frankfurt.
What do you mind from your own experience ? and your wife .? Did she appreciate ?
We already hunted Namibia in 2022, May for PG near Outjo for 8 days. Great country.
Thank you for your advises.
Philippe
Hello Cecil
I am Philippe from Center of France. I plan to hunt Zambezi with Zana Botes in 2026, Oct after a couple of days for PG in Namibia in his lodge. I will be with my wife. She is not really a huntress and we promised to go visit Vic Falls. I imagine to go to Caprivi by car , hunt there 7 days (for buff) and go by car to Vic falls (PH will bring back my rifle) . sorry I am required to write 2 messages
buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com