SCI 2025 News & TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS

That is the case. Higher value of donation = more points.
I've been in contact with the "powers that be" and hope to have something positive to report this week still.
Let us know how we can help my friend!!!

I would invite the SCI outfitters to start attending NRA’s outdoor show in Harrisburg and Denver’s outdoor show. There are always other great choices.
I think the nature of that show would have to change to attract outfitters for the marketing cost they’d need to spend. It’s more of a tourist attraction show to me, not a show where people go to book serious hunts. In 4 days at SCI or DSC I’d expect outfitters would get double the interest and bookings compared to 9 days at Harrisburg, especially for higher cost hunts. Harrisburg just isn’t a business oriented show in my opinion.

If a first class outfitter like Tsala cannot get into the SCI show after being there last year and putting down a deposit for this year, because someone else put down a higher donation, that is a problem. Was Tsala asked if they wanted to make a larger donation? Are we going to have a bidding war of donations over the last few booth spaces? It seems like a fundamentally flawed system. I also agree it puts family owned outfitters at a disadvantage. Tsala is one of the really special outfitters of any size out there. SCI needs to reevaluate their priorities. They should look at how to ensure access for family owned outfitters that have been long time members and contributors.

If a first class outfitter like Tsala cannot get into the SCI show after being there last year and putting down a deposit for this year, because someone else put down a higher donation, that is a problem. Was Tsala asked if they wanted to make a larger donation? Are we going to have a bidding war of donations over the last few booth spaces? It seems like a fundamentally flawed system. I also agree it puts family owned outfitters at a disadvantage. Tsala is one of the really special outfitters of any size out there. SCI needs to reevaluate their priorities. They should look at how to ensure access for family owned outfitters that have been long time members and contributors.
I have zero stake in this. I understand Tsala’s past clients are unhappy, but the SCI and DSC shows exist to make money for those organizations not a charity to outfitters. Any Business/organization would need to prioritize what brings in the most clients and most revenue. I’d also point out Tsala hasn’t contributed to this thread or made a public statement. It’s to their benefit to work it out quietly rather than put a negative spotlight on SCI.

Edit: I should add there is one outfitter that exhibits at both shows I don’t feel should be there. They can make large donations but not put any money back into their declining areas. I don’t like it but understand what the system is.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DominiqueA

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!