Safari Vehicle Breakdown and how much did it effect your hunt

Between wet hunts in Botswana’s Linyanti Swamps and Tanzania’s Maswa North in the December 2019 rains (it rained 14 of the 15 days we were in country) I’ve been stuck enough for several lifetimes. If I never get stuck again, it’ll be fine with me.

Broke down - never had much for problems here but in February we were driving back to camp well after dark in Cameroon after a long day hunting and our Landcruiser suddenly just stopped without warning. We couldn’t get it to re-start so after a while the trackers took off in the dark to go get another truck in camp , which was still a few miles further down the two-track. I just went and laid down in a sandy spot a short way from the truck and went to sleep. After an hour or so our driver somehow got the truck to start and we were on our way to camp. We finally got back to camp just as the trackers were there too, around11:00 for a late dinner and off to bed. Other than that, I don’t recall any other breakdowns while out hunting.

A couple of band-aids to take along on next safari. When the vehicle suddenly craps out and won't restart it's often due to electric fuel pump going out or computer needs reset. Find a long stick and thump on the gas tank. It works! Ask me how I know. Enough to get home anyway. To reset the computer, disconnect the battery for fifteen minutes. Reconnect and fire it up. There. Something to impress your PH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuihatthucongtesse

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available