Reaction score
Website
onlygunsandmoney.com
Articles
Member of
NRA, SAF, SCI, DSC
Hunted
South Africa
I am heading to RSA in a couple of weeks. I have reached out to Rudi Fischer of Safari Bullet Company and he can ship his bullets to me at my outfitter or my hotel.

They look interesting but are they far superior to other premium bullets such the Nosler Accubond/Partitions, the various Barnes bullets, or the Swift A-Frames? I am looking at the 7mm and .30 caliber bullets for use on plains game.

If anyone has experience with bullets from Safari Bullet Co., I'd love to hear it.

They have built up an excellent reputation in South Africa in a short amount of time. I’ve only loaded them in my 404 Jeffery with good accuracy but have not been able to hunt with them. I’m about to order 140gr 7mm for my 7x57.

I am sure [mention]DWB [/mention] and [mention]Frederik [/mention] will chime in here..

SBC is great bullets, correct Frederik wil undoubtable give feedback.

I asked Rudi for 160gr 7mm bullets for my 7x57. He gave me a load, speed etc was all 100% correct. Gave him feedback on the group (I was satisfied) and he wasn’t :) he worked and gave more advice. This is what I appreciate, great service and real interest in your experience.

I have to say as well the finishing is great, which make them look as great as they perform

I have hunted 5 x Buffalo Cows with them as well as a bunch of plains game.

@Frederik and I was fortunate to be part of the developmental process.

In fact I fired the first ever .423" 400gr bullet ever out of a rifle, straight into a beautiful Nyala bull

It's all I use. These bullets are damn tough.

I have used them, and seen them used, in my 7x57 (140 & 160gr), .30-06 (150& 180gr), 9.3x62 (285gr), .375 H&H (300gr) and .416 rem mag (400gr) on blesbuck, black wildebeest, blue wildebeest, eland, kudu, red hartebeest, waterbuck, warthog and one buffalo bull.

They are easy to load, accurate and effective on game, giving a large entry wound and a wide wound channel. I would rate them as the best close- to medium range hunting bullet that I have used.

I will post some pictures of recovered bullets later.

Welcome Oom Thinus!

I think few people has used them as much as @ThinusS

These aren't high BC sniper bullets, but they are as consistent as can be and the hit hard and drive deep! And they look good too!

150gr SBC .308", recovered from a zebra stallion shot at 160m. .30-06 @ ±2900fps.

ALcMlUc.jpg

180gr SBC .308", recovered from a large eland bull, shot at 200m. .30-06 @ ±2650fps.

fGD9QvI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Never tried them, but think I should see how my 300H&H likes the 180gr.
In 2025 the 300 H&H is 100 years old, so it goes without saying that I should have a great load ready for the centenary season.

IM sure they are a good bullet, appear to be a monolithic bullet in the photograph, are they better than other premium bullets? lets just say they are equal as most all Monolithics are about equal! No majic here..The days of bullet failure are all but over, the bullet makers produced bullets and listened to the crowd..I recall the day of bullet failure being pretty common, they killed but performed poorly from time to time as was expected and many a hunter got to practice his tracking skills. The Rem corelokt shined through it all and still does, but long forgotten by most..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudiCass43

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000009202.jpg
1000009102.jpg
1000008936.jpg
1000008850.jpg
1000008747.jpg
It's been a great Safari here in Zambia with Mbizi Safaris so far!! Heading out to the Kafue Flats tomorrow for Lechwe