Sabatti Safari Double Rifle

For what it's worth, for a .450-400 3" I use two loads with a 400-grain Woodleigh soft nose: 80 grains of IMR 4831 if the old rifle was proved for 55 grains of cordite and 83 grains if proved for 60 grains of cordite. Large rifle magnum primer. 2-3 grains less if shooting a Woodleigh solid.

I find from reading this thread that the only sure way to get a double rifle that shoots worth a damn is to have it custom built. Pick your caliber, bullet and load, have it regulated for that load. Then go buy up all the bullets you can find for it so you have a lifetime supply and won't have to worry about feeding it for the rest of your life.

I find from reading this thread that the only sure way to get a double rifle that shoots worth a damn is to have it custom built. Pick your caliber, bullet and load, have it regulated for that load. Then go buy up all the bullets you can find for it so you have a lifetime supply and won't have to worry about feeding it for the rest of your life.

It’s not quite that drastic.

Aaron Little is the name of the guy that, at least used to, re-regulate rifles.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.16.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 7.16.23 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 160
I managed to get ahold of Ken Owen. He is still available to work. So I will be sending it off to him after my trip. If anyone else has a similar issue I recommend looking him up, and I'll post an update when I get the rifle back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuwenxihu66

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

buckstix wrote on magnum308's profile.
yes ..please send me a copy ... buckstix@aol.com
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?