S&W Model 19

Marc Ret

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent condition 4" Model 19-3 (IIRC, YOM is 1969) .357Mag. $975 plus S/I. Will gladly do a FTF transfer in so. central PA. If any interest, can post or text more pics if desired.

20231004_141719.jpg
20231005_104953.jpg

Great price on (in my opinion) one of the best, classic revolvers ever made. This was produced when S&W still made beautiful, blued, P&R revolvers. I have a S&W M19 Texas Ranger Commemorative that is my favorite carry piece for the woods.

Good luck with the sale.

Safe shooting

Just for interest sakes in SA the Model 19s sell for about R6500 which is about 345 USD . Colt Pythons sell for about 1000 USD . Interesting how prices differ around the world .

Yes, great condition, no cylinder mark or holster wear on muzzle.

It is in beautiful condition but there is a very faint cylinder line. I spent a few years haunting local shops looking at much more worn Model 19s before coming across this one. I'd love to keep it but life has thrown me a few curveballs this year.

*I normally will resize photos I post but left these larger so as to show more detail. I will try to get a pic of just the cylinder posted later this evening or tomorrow.

I’m as guilty as most. I use utilitarian tools for my concealed carry pistols. Glock, S&W and maybe my 1911’s. Mass produced tools.

But certain model year S&W 586, 19’s and Ruger super blackhawks are the only type of hand gun I carry on my hip outside the waist band. Proudly displayed. And I holster and shoot mine. They are too pretty to leave locked up and not fondled and shot. So mine have wear marks.

These are firearms that we can proudly say that the US makers have an edge over European firearm makers. They deserve to be seen and used.

In my mind that revolver is as fine of a firearm as any European rifle. I’m drooling over that blueing.

Beautiful

A better revolver than the Python
Better ? I own one also and a model 29-2 NIB, model 57 ANIB, 629 no dash NIB. I like them all and fine revolvers - better quality then made today but I would Not say “better” then a Colt “original” Python. The original Python had the best high luster, deep bluing of any revolver produced, the trigger also excellent. From a durability standpoint they may not hold up to regular use with full magnum loads but that doesn’t make them inferior —- A Ferrari doesn’t do well “off road” compared to my Ford F-150

Excellent condition 4" Model 19-3 (IIRC, YOM is 1969) .357Mag. $975 plus S/I. Will gladly do a FTF transfer in so. central PA. If any interest, can post or text more pics if desired.

View attachment 563181View attachment 563182
Based on your two photos - looks in outstanding condition and could sell for $1200 - $1400 for many S&W buyers. Your price is very good - fair and “priced to sell”. I appreciate the older S&W revolvers especially the pinned & recessed models. While they do not command the price of similar era Colt Pythons they are functionally as good and comparable fit, finish, & craftsmanship.....at a much more affordable price in my opinion

I’m as guilty as most. I use utilitarian tools for my concealed carry pistols. Glock, S&W and maybe my 1911’s. Mass produced tools.

But certain model year S&W 586, 19’s and Ruger super blackhawks are the only type of hand gun I carry on my hip outside the waist band. Proudly displayed. And I holster and shoot mine. They are too pretty to leave locked up and not fondled and shot. So mine have wear marks.

These are firearms that we can proudly say that the US makers have an edge over European firearm makers. They deserve to be seen and used.

In my mind that revolver is as fine of a firearm as any European rifle. I’m drooling over that blueing.
Agree, the older S&W revolvers were excellent examples of fine craftsmanship that combined beautiful form & excellent function. While the current models may have retained good functionality the attention to detail and craftsmanship are a thing of the past. Excellent condition older S&Ws sell for more then new models - and the New stupid “lock” is only part of the reason

Hank, I agree the older Colts blueing was amazing. My Python had timing and other issues so sold it. I think for a $300 profit. I Paid $400.

Not that S&W are infallible but I’ve had fewer issues with mine. But like all most everyone. I agree that the Python was a piece of art

Just for interest sakes in SA the Model 19s sell for about R6500 which is about 345 USD . Colt Pythons sell for about 1000 USD . Interesting how prices differ around the world .
As you just mentioned the price in your country SA here in India it would sell for $20,000/- I am not joking it’s true.

Many Congrats! .. can anyone confirm, this is a 19?
Thank you.
Good morning. It does appear to be a M19. You can confirm by opening it and looking at the frame.

SW model lo cation.jpeg

Safe shooting

Better ? I own one also and a model 29-2 NIB, model 57 ANIB, 629 no dash NIB. I like them all and fine revolvers - better quality then made today but I would Not say “better” then a Colt “original” Python. The original Python had the best high luster, deep bluing of any revolver produced, the trigger also excellent. From a durability standpoint they may not hold up to regular use with full magnum loads but that doesn’t make them inferior —- A Ferrari doesn’t do well “off road” compared to my Ford F-150
The 19 was known to shoot loose with a steady diet of full house loads too, not just the Python. Its what led to the L frame Smiths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MHROdell83

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!