Ruger Hawkeye 375 Ruger barrel thread?

KuduKiller

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Ohio, Texas, Tennessee, Indiana, Mississippi, Louisiana, Maine, Alabama, Georgia, Washington, Wyoming,,, I am sure I missed one or two states.
So I’m looking into muzzle brakes and I know my PH will hate me. I’ve taken numerous big game animals with it but I’m tired of that recoil. I’m considering a Terminator T5 brake but which thread do I need? My barrel is not threaded and the front sight blade is sitting on the end of the barrel. I have contacted a gun smith about the threading of my barrel. The threads 7/8x20, 7/8x24 and 3/4x24 are available on the terminator. Which might be the best for my barrel?

Your PH and nearby onlookers will hate you for sure. Can't help with the thread choice. But instead of ruining the end of the barrel with a muzzle brake, have you considered a recoil reducer in the buttstock. I use them on 375 and 458 Lott. Tames it down quite a a lot. As I despise muzzle brakes

Your PH and nearby onlookers will hate you for sure. Can't help with the thread choice. But instead of ruining the end of the barrel with a muzzle brake, have you considered a recoil reducer in the buttstock. I use them on 375 and 458 Lott. Tames it down quite a a lot. As I despise muzzle brakes
I concur with Mark, muzzle breaks are just to loud and hurt everyone's ears. Practice off sticks till the 375 recoil feel minimal. If you are going to run a suppressor that is a different story. any decent gunsmith should be able to remove the front sight and measure the barrel diameter and thread to the suppressor.

AZDAVE beat me to it-why not a suppressor? Your ph will love you for it. Legislation in the states has become more friendly and in some countries you can buy them over the counter. Or are you trying to preserve the open sights?
Also agree with addding a reducer in the buttstock or other weight gaining procedures would be preferable to a muzzle break in my opinion.

I agree with the rest. Muzzle breaks are dangerous, instant hearing damage if you or anyone around you can't or does not have time to protect themselves. I have a couple of compensated silencers including one I shoot on my .375 Ruger, it makes a huge difference.

Wait time on silencers is not bad right now. We are getting most of ours back in 10-30 days.

So I’m looking into muzzle brakes and I know my PH will hate me. I’ve taken numerous big game animals with it but I’m tired of that recoil. I’m considering a Terminator T5 brake but which thread do I need? My barrel is not threaded and the front sight blade is sitting on the end of the barrel. I have contacted a gun smith about the threading of my barrel. The threads 7/8x20, 7/8x24 and 3/4x24 are available on the terminator. Which might be the best for my barrel?
I was once just like you and did use a brake. Over time, with much practice I moved away from it. Use a shoulder pad at the range and shoot off sticks a lot.
I would never thread a barrel that was not standard threads that I could use for a suppressor. Speaking of a suppressor, how about going that route instead of the brake? Thunderbeast has a new line of .375 cans plus all the others.

Without getting into advice for or against a brake, here is a fairly good, albeit a bit conservative representation of what you need for a minimum barrel diameter for different threads.

IMG_5601.png

Have you looked at Porting the rifle? Magna Port is a common name in the industry. Used to be done a lot more before muzzle breaks and now suppressors became popular/available.

Keeps the more traditional look of a front sight and minimal noise increase. Not as much recoil reduction as a brake but most claim it is noticeable and beneficial.

I have sworn off muzzle breaks for hunting due to excessive noise and am moving to suppressors. I personally have never owned a ported rifle but my bro in law has and he prefers it to a brake.

But Suppressed is the future for sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam B.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.