Rmr base options for Sabatti double?

colonel62

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone have any suggestions for an rmr base mount for my Sabatti double rifle in 45-70? I’d rather not use a rail to keep the sight low. I also don’t have access to a gunsmith.
Thanks,
Matt

IMG_0333.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my .470 with an RMR mount; I sent it off to Ken Owen and he milled the rib to accept the mount….. I’ll get you the model # later.
IMG_2044.jpeg

If you have access to Ken Owens he is #1.

What is the width in mm at the two screws in your rib?

Henneburger make a mount that puts your RMR almost flush with the rib.

What ever you do, find the lowest possible mount and rmr.

Here in Zimbanwe a friend has a old english double he had the rear sight removed and a dovetailed mount made the Trijicon rmr sets flusn with the rib. Of course you cannot fall back on your iron sights.

Lon

Here is my .470 with an RMR mount; I sent it off to Ken Owen and he milled the rib to accept the mount….. I’ll get you the model # later.
View attachment 578561
Hi, I have a Sabatti 470 with Ken Owen.

How do you like the mount? Did the RMR not work with the factory screw holes? I have not received the rifle yet (had it sent there straight from the seller)

Anything else advised?

Hi, I have a Sabatti 470 with Ken Owen.

How do you like the mount? Did the RMR not work with the factory screw holes? I have not received the rifle yet (had it sent there straight from the seller)

Anything else advised?
@wildwilderness

Yes I like the mount and actually my rifle is the first one that Ken ever fitted a red dot on.

I have the rail that came with my rifle but chose to have the rib milled so I could use the Trijicon mount to keep the sight as low as possible.

I take it that Ken is inspecting/regulating your .470? If so you can rest assured that it will come back to you correct and ready to go; and if you load your own ammo I would pay close attention to Ken's advice on loads and or ammunition.

Mine served me well in Zim last month.....
og4WLNI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@AimSmall - Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I had read a previous post from you stating that your rifle is factory regulated only and that group was with Hornady factory ammo?
Factory regulated w/DGS, that group 50yds off sticks w/DGX. Shoots several reloads to similar poi.

Does a base come with the RMR? Is the one you are showing a special order?
Base is usually sold separately unless specified. There are some suppliers who sell them as a combo.

Keep in mind that you can also look at the SRO or RMR-HD. Both offer a larger window that’s easier for many to pick up the dot vs the RMR. Plus both of these offer battery access from the top instead of having to remove the optic to change it…followed by rezeroing. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is my second post on this thread. Ken can make, mount & regulate. He can also come up with a reduced recoil load.

Would any that talks to him please tell him I said hi.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michaellucas

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with