Rmr base options for Sabatti double?

colonel62

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Does anyone have any suggestions for an rmr base mount for my Sabatti double rifle in 45-70? I’d rather not use a rail to keep the sight low. I also don’t have access to a gunsmith.
Thanks,
Matt

IMG_0333.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my .470 with an RMR mount; I sent it off to Ken Owen and he milled the rib to accept the mount….. I’ll get you the model # later.
IMG_2044.jpeg

If you have access to Ken Owens he is #1.

What is the width in mm at the two screws in your rib?

Henneburger make a mount that puts your RMR almost flush with the rib.

What ever you do, find the lowest possible mount and rmr.

Here in Zimbanwe a friend has a old english double he had the rear sight removed and a dovetailed mount made the Trijicon rmr sets flusn with the rib. Of course you cannot fall back on your iron sights.

Lon

Here is my .470 with an RMR mount; I sent it off to Ken Owen and he milled the rib to accept the mount….. I’ll get you the model # later.
View attachment 578561
Hi, I have a Sabatti 470 with Ken Owen.

How do you like the mount? Did the RMR not work with the factory screw holes? I have not received the rifle yet (had it sent there straight from the seller)

Anything else advised?

Hi, I have a Sabatti 470 with Ken Owen.

How do you like the mount? Did the RMR not work with the factory screw holes? I have not received the rifle yet (had it sent there straight from the seller)

Anything else advised?
@wildwilderness

Yes I like the mount and actually my rifle is the first one that Ken ever fitted a red dot on.

I have the rail that came with my rifle but chose to have the rib milled so I could use the Trijicon mount to keep the sight as low as possible.

I take it that Ken is inspecting/regulating your .470? If so you can rest assured that it will come back to you correct and ready to go; and if you load your own ammo I would pay close attention to Ken's advice on loads and or ammunition.

Mine served me well in Zim last month.....
og4WLNI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PabloJgg97

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with