Rimmed (only) Cartridges

.22 rim fire
.470 N
 
Don’t have any of these but I’d love: .45-75 and .50-95. And a .40-60. But I’d love to do a brown bear with the .45-75.

Have a .25-20, love that cartridge.
 
I need some help finding 9.3x74R brass and dies, seems everyone is sold out.
 
I see we are listing what we have

22lr
22 Hornet
30-30 win
8.15x46R
8x56R
9.3x74R
45-70
so far, also have hand gun cartridges and others. I really don't have a favorite.
 
I would have to say the .22 rimfire, 303, then 22 Hornet and 30-30.

22 because it is cheap and heaps of fun.
303 because it just works and grew up with them same with the 22 Hornet
30-30, it worked well above its weight and was the first center fire I bought.
 
I have a question for the group, I just got a 9.3x74R Drilling, from what I understand, Drillings need a lower pressure, or is it OK to run standard loads in it? I'm getting some mixed signals on the subject. From what I can tell, it was made in the 1920's and proofed for this Caliber, but no bullet or load data on the barrel that I can find.
 
I have a question for the group, I just got a 9.3x74R Drilling, from what I understand, Drillings need a lower pressure, or is it OK to run standard loads in it? I'm getting some mixed signals on the subject. From what I can tell, it was made in the 1920's and proofed for this Caliber, but no bullet or load data on the barrel that I can find.
As I understand it you use more powder due to the larger case to attain 9.3X62 velocities. So the pressure would be lower. Having said that I do not know what it is safely capable of in a modern rifle like a Ruger No1.
 
As I understand it you use more powder due to the larger case to attain 9.3X62 velocities. So the pressure would be lower. Having said that I do not know what it is safely capable of in a modern rifle like a Ruger No1.
Some say 2300fps, some are 2500 fps and others are even higher, for the 296gr bullet. I know the drilling isn't as strong as a NO.1, it's hard to blow up a NO.1. Looking at the load data and my power supply, W760 gives the lowest pressure with the greatest speed. I'm just curious is the reloading data is for drilling pressure? As far as.i know, it was only loaded in break action and a few falling blocks.
 
Some say 2300fps, some are 2500 fps and others are even higher, for the 296gr bullet. I know the drilling isn't as strong as a NO.1, it's hard to blow up a NO.1. Looking at the load data and my power supply, W760 gives the lowest pressure with the greatest speed. I'm just curious is the reloading data is for drilling pressure? As far as.i know, it was only loaded in break action and a few falling blocks.

I know the confusion and I don't know much about the round. I do believe it was made for doubles and drillings so think it was to emulate the 9.3X62 in weaker actions. I'll have to see if I can find my Cartridges of the World and see what it says. Hopefully somebody with some knowledge of it will jump in.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,908
Members
170,469
Latest member
8xbetproioz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top