Rigby Introduction to AH

Welcome Dave! I used to have a Highland Stalker in 9.3x62 but then married @Just Gina and we took it to Tanzania where she used it successfully on Sable, wart hog, zebra x2, lichtenstein hartebeest, and leopard... and promptly declared that rifle was hers. So I bought another in 275 Rigby, which is now also hers as she shot one heck of a nice old bush buck with it in Limpopo about a month ago :)

However she does let me borrow them. I am thinking about getting a Big Game or maybe one of your new doubles... or both;)

One criticism, on the 275 Rigby, please stamp them 275 Rigby/7x57 and cut the chambers to fit 175 grain round nose bullets. The 140 grain spire point is inadequate for general Africa Plains Game but the 175 grain makes it very effective. We had ours, um Gina's, cut out by JJ Peridot. As did other members on here.

20211006_183336.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome Dave! I used to have a Highland Stalker in 9.3x62 but then married @Just Gina and we took it to Tanzania where she used it successfully on Sable, wart hog, zebra x2, lichtenstein hartebeest, and leopard... and promptly declared that rifle was hers. So I bought another in 275 Rigby, which is now also hers as she shot one heck of a nice old bush buck with it in Limpopo about a month ago :)

However she does let me borrow them. I am thinking about getting a Big Game or maybe one of your new doubles... or both;)

One criticism, on the 275 Rigby, please stamp them 275 Rigby/7x57 and cut the chambers to fit 175 grain round nose bullets. The 140 grain spire point is inadequate for general Africa Plains Game but the 175 grain makes it very effective. We had ours, um Gina's, cut out by JJ Peridot. As did other members on here.

View attachment 629997
You are absolutely correct. Rigby will do it if ordering a Stalker from them through a dealer. I had them do so for mine and it shoots the 170 class bullet beautifully. Of course it does the same with everything else which goes exactly to your point. Simply chamber them all that way.

Welcome Dave! I certainly dream of owning a Rigby one day as I’m sure many of us do.

Hello Dave! Rigby dreamer here! I look forward to following along with your discussions.

Welcome, Dave! Glad to have you here as well as your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ECHS-Marius

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa