Rifle is to scary for South Africa?

Just take one rifle, there is no need for 2 that are so close in performance.

It would be different if you were taking a 375 or something for dangerous game, but two rifles for the same animals is different.

It's a bolt gun and not a semi auto. So it shouldn't be a problem. You will find chassis style stock in SA.
Some folks are scared of things that look different. So listen to your PH and the rifle permits guy and go have fun. I would however on take one of the 30 cal.

The only time I took 3 rifles to Africa, and it was South Africa, they were a .308W, .300 Win Mag and a .375HH. The .308W was for my son, the other two rifles were for me. There were no issues having two riles in the .30 cal range.

That said, your file has the AR look even though it's a bolt action and SHOULDN'T be a problem, but TIA. As such, I concur with others to get a picture of the rifle to Henry and let him sort things out with SAPS before you leave.

Probably not a problem to someone who can clearly see it’s a bolt action. But, there are those who probably think it looks like a semi auto.
Me, I don’t think I would hunt with a Chassis rifle because I like traditional looking sporting rifles and would prefer to have a traditional hunting rifle in the photos.
And yeah, the .30-06 will cover anything you might think you are going to take with the .308

ALL guns that look scary are automatically classified as assault weapons--ask any liberal.

You've got to remember: in this day and age of woke liberalism, it's not what a something "does" or "is", but "what it looks like".
.......which, it you think about it for a moment, is basically the same thing as racism........but I'm just over thinking again.

Kevin Brittingham has taken multiple fix rifles to RSA and Mozambique. He has recently said he has exported 80+ fixes there as well. I would have paperwork in order and then not worry about it.

I certainly did not mean to start such a divisive topic, I love the Bavarian stock CZ for my traditional flavor, but have also really come to love the Fix as a do all rifle.

I did take good advice in this thread and reached out to my pH and Henry from rifle permits. Who responded over WhatsApp within minutes of me sending him the random question and he does not believe there will be a problem at all.

I question how much fun you will have carrying that thing around. It looks rather front heavy. Speaking from experience the few times I've stalked muleys with my brother's unbalanced Browning BAR, it ain't very enjoyable! Definitely get a lower capacity magazine if you can. No sense in hauling around that extra weight. My Springfield carries five in the box and one on the chamber. I've only emptied that rifle at game twice since 1964. Both times it was loaded with just five rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RalfDorman

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles