Rifle case for Africa

I have a boyt that’s flown around the US pretty well. I always carry a pistol, rifle, and bullets in it and works great

I like SKB from CA (the HD models, not the cheap ones!) But, if you like Pelican, i saw that Harbor Freight sells exact replica knock-offs for 1/2 price just over the weekend. lol After 6 safaris, I'm thinking cases are actually overrated....walking out on the tarmac and offering the baggage handlers cigars and drinks would go a long way, and we could all just use soft cases and get along! "Drink Up! I'll just put this here!!" LOL

Not that I need one because I have an SA Alpine, but I looked at Pelican cases yesterday. What struck me is how huge they are, even their single rifle one.

Not that I need one because I have an SA Alpine, but I looked at Pelican cases yesterday. What struck me is how huge they are, even their single rifle one.
Time to switch to a Blaser and get a 1700. Then you will have room for your double, the Blaser and two barrels. ;)

I like SKB from CA (the HD models, not the cheap ones!) But, if you like Pelican, i saw that Harbor Freight sells exact replica knock-offs for 1/2 price just over the weekend. lol After 6 safaris, I'm thinking cases are actually overrated....walking out on the tarmac and offering the baggage handlers cigars and drinks would go a long way, and we could all just use soft cases and get along! "Drink Up! I'll just put this here!!" LOL
I took my Apache 9800 (bought from Harbor Freight) double scoped rifle gun case to Africa on my one RSA PG hunt with two solid Brinks keyed locks. SIX gun transfers between planes coming and going and almost not a scratch on the case or locks. The case was about $170. One guy in the group had bought $10 Master Lock brand TSA locks for his gun and ammo cases and FOUR of them broke during the airline transfers. He came back with NO locks on his ammo box and only two on his gun case which were spares. None of the airline personnel said anything about the absence of locks during the two gun check ins coming back. So much for having to "have a lock in every hole"? LOL

I use either a Pelican 1750 or the SKB Double Bow Case. It depends if I'm taking bow and rifle or just rifles.

if you do not want to deal with 4 locks on your Pelican 1750 case then just cut off the 2 center lock holes and smooth out the plastic

My work place ships millions and millions of dollars of tv production equipment every day all over the world, almost all in pelican cases. I have never seen one fail. I’m sure it could, but in 40 years I haven’t seen any. Function over form for me.
That maybe just shows that equipment is not TARGETED for intentional damage, but firearms are??!

SW, I flew to Denver years ago. 5 groups o hunters were on board, all guns damaged but 2, yep my pelicans.

I took my Apache 9800 (bought from Harbor Freight) double scoped rifle gun case to Africa on my one RSA PG hunt with two solid Brinks keyed locks. SIX gun transfers between planes coming and going and almost not a scratch on the case or locks. The case was about $170. One guy in the group had bought $10 Master Lock brand TSA locks for his gun and ammo cases and FOUR of them broke during the airline transfers. He came back with NO locks on his ammo box and only two on his gun case which were spares. None of the airline personnel said anything about the absence of locks during the two gun check ins coming back. So much for having to "have a lock in every hole"? LOL
I did like the external (your choice of) lock holes on the Apache although the more custom the locks the more you'll be handing keys over to TSA in America but that's a regularity.

Have the SKB quad rifle case which came in handy when both my son and I were traveling, but it's extra security when carrying only two rifles. One on each side of the case separated by a double egg crate foam divider. They can never touch one another. Also has four locks which is tedious but never a problem. SKB has a policy and there's a sticker on every case should you have a problem with anything a lock a handle a wheel whatever they will Express ship the parts free of charge to anywhere in the world!

when we moved from europe to canada 17 years ago i used something that worked very well. each rifles and shotguns was wrapped in bubble wrap then put in a gun case and each gun case was put into a longer fishing rod case well padded and we even used british airways none of our rifles or shotguns got damaged nor the 2 ammo cases.
here on a fly out we use only soft cases and never had an issue as well.

Our latest case from Natal Gun Company. This one is for that Westley Richards double I featured a while back.
B01E4C69-C252-4DEB-A720-6779E2400095.jpeg

Would it be possible to get one of those in the U.S.A.? Wonder what the cost would be?
The case with standard foam that you then cut is about R8k I think. One fitted out to a template of your rifle with red or green felt is R19k. Then just get it sent via courier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PollyDenha

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Here are an update on available dates for 2025

Hunting dates available 2025
1-18 March
2-10 April
17-26 April
13-24 May
2 -30 June
8-16 July
26 July - 7 August
23 August - 30 September
LIMPOPO NORTH SAFARIS wrote on RStien321's profile.
Dear RStien321

I noticed your thread this morning.

We would be thrilled to assit you as mentioned in my comment on your thread.

We as Limpopo North Safaris has numerous areas in limpopo that vary between 10 000 to 24 000 acres that we hunt that has all of the animals on your wish list furthermore we have great deal on cull buffalo cows and bulls.

Please let me know if you might be intrested.

Regards
Sampie
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia