Rhino Poachers killed By Lions in South Africa

Adipose

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I just saw this posted on The National Geographic site.

"Rhino poachers eaten alive by pride of lions in South African game reserve.
Staff at a South African reserve found the bloodied head and limbs of at least two poachers who broke in to hunt rhinos."
455916272_122110567610455029_6007887000516412977_n.jpg

I just saw this posted on The National Geographic site.

"Rhino poachers eaten alive by pride of lions in South African game reserve.
Staff at a South African reserve found the bloodied head and limbs of at least two poachers who broke in to hunt rhinos."
View attachment 627178
National Geographic should be informed that the poachers were not "hunting" rhinos FFS

This story seems to recycle every so often. It’s usually the same few details. I don’t know how many poachers are eaten in SA. The main group of lions are in Kruger.

SOS shoot shovel shut up

Krish is correct

Lon
National Geographic should be informed that the poachers were not "hunting" rhinos FFS
Does anyone know if there is a dictionary of acronyms?

A lot more are disposed of by backhoe than lion. Nice touch.
Nice idea but highly doubt it. Unless they get every poacher and trust the farm staff 100% at that moment and for forever into the future it’s a huge risk.

I can't imagine being so poor that I would be willing to take the risk. Maybe there's some kind of cosmic karma at work here, but I imagine the greenies feel the same when a legal hunter or PH gets chomped, gored, or trampled.

Now the problem is man eating lions.
Krish
Not a problem. I'd certainly pay a little more attention when you are in their territory.

They should lease themselves out as Rhino Guards. :A Worshipl::E Horrified:

Of course we are all happy when Lions or other animals kill poachers , but for Lions there is a dual problem , if they kill people they will more than likely be destroyed as man eaters , the other issue is that Lions are also being poached. According to staff in the Kruger Park nearly all the Lions in the North of the park in the Pafuri area have been wiped out .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrookeBich

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?