Researching leopard hunts...

They average around 50 pounds. Biggest this year was 60-65 pounds I believe.

A few years ago they took a one tusker that exceeded 110lbs? I think the root on the other side was over 50. Their elephant are the bulls (exclusively bulls in that region) that circulate the Botswana-Hwange corridor.

I’ve been in their skinning shed where the hunter a week prior has three sets of ivory in the high 60s stacked up.

Pretty good stuff. Not too many operators that can provide trophy exportable elephant and a potential world record leopard on the same hunt.

I hunted my leopard in Namibia this past July. I did not apply for my Cites permit until I returned (this was my third attempt at a leopard so was waiting to see if I was successful). The permits are online and I had some help from some folks on here but filled it out myself. Had the import permit in hand in 28 days from when I first submitted it. Now just waiting on Namibia to issue the export permit. Good luck on planning the trip.
I was informed today by John at Trophy Shipper’s that my Leopard (D & P and skull), jackal (tanned hide and skull), Impala (tanned hide and skull) should arrive at my house by the end of the week. My Cites was due to expire at the end of the month - so a bit worried. However, John and Trophy Shipper’s did a great job of staying on top of Yellow Shark to get my crate shipped and keeping me informed. The crate weighed 24 Kgs and the total cost to get it from Namibia to my door in Missouri is $2521. My understanding is that my crate arrived last Thursday (8/3) into Chicago and John had it picked up today (8/7) to get it headed my way. Other than worrying about my CITES expiring the process went very smoothly. I’d highly recommend Trophy Shipper’s - I used them for a previous shipment that arrived back in March of this year with no issues and a fair price.

As I get closer to this hunt next month, now I have to navigate the permits process.

Reactions: WAB
As I get closer to this hunt next month, now I have to navigate the permits process.

My $0.02 = Not to say any of us aren’t capable of doing the permit on our own, but with such a prized trophy hire someone that has experience.

Talk to Nathan Askew at Bullet Safaris and read the many leopard reports on AH from other members. He’s usually several years out but everyone comments on his surgical precision to shoot big leopards.

When I shot my leopard in Tanzania in 2020 Nathan’s office gave me a paper with the required information for the permit. I sent that paper with my TZ hunting license copy to Safari Specialty Importers. That was the extent of my involvement other than financial. Went seamlessly forward and Chui made it home no problems.

IMG_2590.JPG

Guess I missed it, who are you hunting with and where? All the best to you and looking forward to reading your report.

Can’t wait for the report. Where are you going?

I did the process on line after I returned and was successful. It took about 22 days and I received an email saying my permit had been approved and 28 days to have the permit in my hand. I think it’s easier to do it after because they USFW want info about the cat and where it was harvested. MY PH provided me all the paperwork he had to provide to Namibia MET and I attached all of it to my on line application. USFW never requested any additional information from me and my leopard cleared them in one day. Have a great trip. I’m leaving Monday to hopefully get my Sharpes Grysbok to complete my tiny ten.

I have an interesting opportunity on a cancellation hunt Sept 15-30 for leopard and exportable elephant. Going with Bennie Lategan into Dollar Block in Bubi district north of Bulawayo and near Hwange Park. Ivory has been averaging about 40#. Consistent on cats like this...he's actually on this cat right now.
8d05f7a9-6cc5-4e06-80e1-ad716d8f6673.jpg

I did the process on line after I returned and was successful. It took about 22 days and I received an email saying my permit had been approved and 28 days to have the permit in my hand. I think it’s easier to do it after because they USFW want info about the cat and where it was harvested. MY PH provided me all the paperwork he had to provide to Namibia MET and I attached all of it to my on line application. USFW never requested any additional information from me and my leopard cleared them in one day. Have a great trip. I’m leaving Monday to hopefully get my Sharpes Grysbok to complete my tiny ten.
This sounds like what we will be doing also. I don't know all the particulars but this is encouraging to hear.

I have an interesting opportunity on a cancellation hunt Sept 15-30 for leopard and exportable elephant. Going with Bennie Lategan into Dollar Block in Bubi district north of Bulawayo and near Hwange Park. Ivory has been averaging about 40#. Consistent on cats like this...he's actually on this cat right now.
View attachment 550194

Awesome, have a great trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberthiz

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia