Remington 760 Carbine - 30-06 (Safe Queen)

ftrovato

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada/Wyoming/Montana/South Dakota/Texas/New York/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware/Maryland/Virginia
Rare rifle in very good condition.
- Rare dark finish stock with light handling marks.
- Blue metal finish is excellent.
- Rare 18.5 inch carbine barrel
- Leupold Base & Rings
- $2000 shipped within lower 48.
- No trades.
- Personal Check/Venmo/Zelle/Paypal.
Since I am new to selling on AH gun can held by Retail FFL Store before you make payment so you can validate I am not a scammer. (Tommy Gun Warehouse - gun store https://tommygunwarehouse.com will be that store)

IMG_4005.jpeg
IMG_3998.jpeg
IMG_3997.jpeg
IMG_4002.jpeg
IMG_4001.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I own 7 carbines! ... been collecting them awhile...:giggle:

Rare rifle in very good condition.
- Rare dark finish stock with light handling marks.
- Blue metal finish is excellent.
- Rare 18.5 inch carbine barrel
- Leupold Base & Rings
- $2000 shipped within lower 48.
- No trades.
- Personal Check/Venmo/Zelle/Paypal.
Since I am new to selling on AH gun can held by Retail FFL Store before you make payment so you can validate I am not a scammer. (Tommy Gun Warehouse - gun store https://tommygunwarehouse.com will be that store)

View attachment 573508View attachment 573509View attachment 573510View attachment 573511View attachment 573512
ftrovato, that is a nice 760 and appears in very good condition. I own two, one in .30-06 and the other .308, both with standard 22” barrels. They were very popular in PA for deer hunting because semi autos were Not allowed and the pump was the next fastest - great for deer hunting in the woods and surprisingly accurate (1 1/2” MOA and good out to 200 yrds). Remington sold more 760s in PA then any other State, Maine also had a following. I paid $219 for the ‘06 in 1981 then in 2021 bought the .308 used “mint” condition for $750 - similar .308s selling for $1500-1800 on GB. They have become a bit of a collector item and calibers other then ‘06 command a higher price because fewer were made (Remington made more in’06 then All other calibers combined). The carbine length barrel also adds a premium especially in .308. I just love the rifle and it was my first big game rifle - took deer, bear, and one Elk. My friend also has two ‘06 & .243, he used the .243 to take a great Cougar on an Idaho hound hunt. Good luck on your sale, interested it what it sells for but i’m Keeping my two.

Any borescope pics?

Mom's father gave my dad a 30-06 760 the week I was born 1952. It's the first year that model went on the shelf. I don't hunt with it any longer. Used it for moose several years back in the nineties. Needs replacement wood. Dad cut the original stock short for Mom. Besides fast follow up shots (never important to me), the 760 fits snugly against my body when slung. Great for traversing heavy cover.

ftrovato, that is a nice 760 and appears in very good condition. I own two, one in .30-06 and the other .308, both with standard 22” barrels. They were very popular in PA for deer hunting because semi autos were Not allowed and the pump was the next fastest - great for deer hunting in the woods and surprisingly accurate (1 1/2” MOA and good out to 200 yrds). Remington sold more 760s in PA then any other State, Maine also had a following. I paid $219 for the ‘06 in 1981 then in 2021 bought the .308 used “mint” condition for $750 - similar .308s selling for $1500-1800 on GB. They have become a bit of a collector item and calibers other then ‘06 command a higher price because fewer were made (Remington made more in’06 then All other calibers combined). The carbine length barrel also adds a premium especially in .308. I just love the rifle and it was my first big game rifle - took deer, bear, and one Elk. My friend also has two ‘06 & .243, he used the .243 to take a great Cougar on an Idaho hound hunt. Good luck on your sale, interested it what it sells for but i’m Keeping my two.
On the same page with all that you note Hank with me also being an old PA deer hunter. I started with a 760 in the 300 Savage, then went to a 30-06 Carbine and used that rifle for decades. This one has been in my safe for +/- 30 years. I thought the dark wood was rare and as much as I really like the heritage if the 760 I want to make some room in the safe. Someone will get a nice rifle to admire or hunt with going forward!

On the same page with all that you note Hank with me also being an old PA deer hunter. I started with a 760 in the 300 Savage, then went to a 30-06 Carbine and used that rifle for decades. This one has been in my safe for +/- 30 years. I thought the dark wood was rare and as much as I really like the heritage if the 760 I want to make some room in the safe. Someone will get a nice rifle to admire or hunt with going forward!
Ftrovato, I believe the 760 in .300 Savage brings a much higher price then .30-06 or even .308 - obviously depending on condition. Regarding your ‘06, I wouldn’t have noticed the wood “dark” had you not mentioned it in your post, it doesn’t seem much darker then my two (1980s versions) but might be - looks nice regardless. BTW - being a “Lefty” had a lot to do with my decision to buy the 760....there weren’t many bolt actions in LH in 1981

Any borescope pics?
First pic is at crown.
Second just in from the crown
Third is about 5 inch into bore from breach
Last is where rifling begins at breach

I believe the gun was unfired when I purchased it. It has bout 20 rounds through it from me.

Photo on 12-10-23 at 2.02 PM #2.jpeg
Photo on 12-10-23 at 1.59 PM.jpeg
Photo on 12-10-23 at 2.02 PM.jpeg
Photo on 12-10-23 at 2.01 PM.jpeg

How did you arrive at the $ 2000.00 value?

How did you arrive at the $ 2000.00 value?
Mauser,
Click on attached link below. This gun just sold tonight (12/10) on GunBroker.

The GunBroker sale does not include scope rings or shipping.
Also, state sales tax needs to be added on most GB sales.

Last, dare I say mine appears to be in better shape (for less $) upon close examination of the photos.
If need be, I'll take mine to GB for sale. However, I'd rather sell to a member of Africahunting.

Attachments

Mauser,

Last, dare I say mine appears to be in better shape (for less $) upon close examination of the photos.
If need be, I'll take mine to GB for sale. However, I'd rather sell to a member of Africahunting.

ftrovato,

I wasn’t aware they had gained such collectibility. I know the 760 is a great rifle and definitely has a cult following especially among us eastern hunters. Good luck on the sale!

ftrovato,

I wasn’t aware they had gained such collectibility. I know the 760 is a great rifle and definitely has a cult following especially among us eastern hunters. Good luck on the sale!
They are definitely not the most accurate in the tool box but they serve a purpose. All the YouTube videos showing the tracking of whitetails show the 760 carbine. Hence with Remington not producing these for some time, the have gained popularity. I own 7 carbines and 1 .35 whelen like new.. Clean ones definitely are reaching the 2k mark but I think an actual average number is 1600-1700. But them you have to give up 7-8% to GunBroker.. So a buy number on this one for me is 1500.00

my rem 7600 carbine in 3006 with the bear and deer engraved on the sides of the reciever is no safe queen.

DSCN9443 (2).JPG

Mauser,

Ftrovato, way to back up and substantiate Your asking price - that is an identical comp. You price is right “in the Ballpark”. Of what. They are now selling for. I’ve been tracking selling prices for 760s for years and am amazed and how they have increased in value. The least expensive are the .30-06 Unless it’s a Carbine then price jumps. I ‘ve been looking for one in .35 Whelen but those seem to be $2200-$3000 and that’s too much for my “casual interest”. Once you own one and want to hunt with it - there are a few gunsmiths that specialize in “trigger jobs” on the 760, as they come with a factory trigger based on the Remington 870 Shotguns. The factory trigger is more “shotgun like” but can be improved. I’ve found my triggers to be adequate but may send one out and have it worked on. Overall, I like these guns. Good luck on your sale

Ftrovato, way to back up and substantiate Your asking price - that is an identical comp. You price is right “in the Ballpark”. Of what. They are now selling for. I’ve been tracking selling prices for 760s for years and am amazed and how they have increased in value. The least expensive are the .30-06 Unless it’s a Carbine then price jumps. I ‘ve been looking for one in .35 Whelen but those seem to be $2200-$3000 and that’s too much for my “casual interest”. Once you own one and want to hunt with it - there are a few gunsmiths that specialize in “trigger jobs” on the 760, as they come with a factory trigger based on the Remington 870 Shotguns. The factory trigger is more “shotgun like” but can be improved. I’ve found my triggers to be adequate but may send one out and have it worked on. Overall, I like these guns. Good luck on your sale
Thanks for the positive feedback Hank! They really are handy rifles. When I was a kid, the old timers all hunting with Winchester 94's with open sights. We kids (in the 1970's) all cut our teeth on 760's. Really great woods guns. Not to say they won't shoot. I owned several over the years and they all put 3 into an 1 1/2. With that, I took my fair share of deer out past 200 yards with ease.
Kindly,
Frank

Wow, I am wrong on the price.. I didn't look in awhile... It's unbelievable what these have went up to.. Good luck with the sale, I am sure it will sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QSGAli3189

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?