Reloading for .308 win

@Marcos Rodriguez
They probably do my friend but we don't get them in Australia
AAAAH!
What a pity!
here we get what enters the country and not much enters!
More than a year ago the last batches of "W" gunpowders entered...
We use the national powders, like the A27 (similar to the IMR3031) for the 308 and the A19 (similar the reloader 25 in burning rate) for the magnums
Sometimes very little imported supplies enter and there some take the opportunity to buy whatever they can... but it rarely happens
@Marcos Rodriguez
They probably do my friend but we don't get them in Australia

For whitetail, hogs, and coyotes? Tough to beat the ole 150gr Winchester Power Point. For handloaders a similar bullet would be the 150gr Hornady Interlock.

If anything bigger is on the menu for your 308 try 165gr Trophy Bonded Bearclaws, Accubonds, or Partitions. For Africa, a 150gr TTSX or 165gr AFrame.

My first bolt action was a Rem 700 .308 like RayB's, about the same age, though a few years later than Ray.
IMR4064 is THE classic powder for .308 but R15, Varget and IMR4895 work just as well. Standard twist for the .308 is 12 but many are 10.
I eventually sold that first Rem but replaced it a couple years ago with one exactly like it, an ADL of the same vintage, late 60's. Its shoots as well as the first one did all those years ago.
In my M40 clone I shoot 168 SMK's ahead of 44grs of Varget and get sub half MOA when I do my part.
Varget is hard to find but last time I saw some I got about 5 lbs of it so set for now. R15 I have not seen for a couple of years.

My first bolt action was a Rem 700 .308 like RayB's, about the same age, though a few years later than Ray.
IMR4064 is THE classic powder for .308 but R15, Varget and IMR4895 work just as well. Standard twist for the .308 is 12 but many are 10.
I eventually sold that first Rem but replaced it a couple years ago with one exactly like it, an ADL of the same vintage, late 60's. Its shoots as well as the first one did all those years ago.
In my M40 clone I shoot 168 SMK's ahead of 44grs of Varget and get sub half MOA when I do my part.
Varget is hard to find but last time I saw some I got about 5 lbs of it so set for now. R15 I have not seen for a couple of years.
Concur, Varget is hard to beat.....it's what I use in my .308 (I use the same bullets too 168 SMK!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmaStodd

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?