AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
BASC, British Deer Society
Hunted
RSA, Zimbabwe
Can anyone give a recommendation for outfitters in Zambia. Principally interested in DG hunting- Buff and Ele
Many thanks in advance!

Strang Middleton, he has a great area in Luangwa for DG, and quite a few of the PG as well!

Last edited:
@spike.t / Takeri..

Several AH members have hunted at Takeri Game Reserve and all to my knowledge have spoken incredibly highly of Mike / spike.t and @PeteG ... and the property, quality of the animals, etc..etc..

If/When I make it to Zambia.. thats who Im going with..

@spike.t / Takeri..

Several AH members have hunted at Takeri Game Reserve and all to my knowledge have spoken incredibly highly of Mike / spike.t and @PeteG ... and the property, quality of the animals, etc..etc..

If/When I make it to Zambia.. thats who Im going with..

Didn’t know he added buff and ele to his ranch haha

All jokes aside I’m sure they could point you in the right direction or help you get something lined up…

Strang Middleton, he has a great area in Luangwa for DG, and quite a few of the PG as well!
I've known Strang for years and finally got to hunt with him last August. He's the real deal. He put a bow hunter on an elephant after I left him. I took a buff with my bow, among a list of other animals.
You cannot go wrong when you book a hunt with Strang.

OK...would love to but as per rules of site a sponsor...outfitter or ph can't recommend another outfitter..ph....even when as with zambia there are very few people from here on AH unfortunately... that aren't in those categories so can give advice..

Peter Chipman of Kwalata Safaris hunts the Lower Lupande hunting concession, which is in the Luangwa Valley. I believe he hunts other areas of the country as well. I hunted with his team in 2014 and it was wonderful.

OK...would love to but as per rules of site a sponsor...outfitter or ph can't recommend another outfitter..ph....even when as with zambia there are very few people from here on AH unfortunately... that aren't in those categories so can give advice..
I understand the rules and would never violate them I would be going with @spike.t given my confidence in him from people I both trust and respect

I too have hunted with Johnny DuPlooy and was my best hunt to date.They really know how to take care of their clients.I have also heard very good things on their new concession.

Buyer beware in Zambia....
DuPloy's have a good reputation as does Thor Kurchner.

Several reasons to have concerns with Zambia.

1. The government voids and re-awards concessions at a whim. Also, non Zambians (Indians) have great sway with the government officials and then seem to end up controlling or owning concessions.

2. It is more expensive to hunt there due to charges at the airports, visas, internal transport, dip/pack fees and shipping. Options are limited for dip/pack and you will pay a premium. You will charged a fee per bullet you bring into the country as well.

3. I have hunted there twice and tried to hunt another time. In each case, there were issues over fees. On the trip that I tried to book, the operator disappeared with my money. My agent stood up and paid me for that.

4. PH's are not as well trained as in Zim. Granted, the good outfits I mentioned earlier have solid PH's, but the system of getting a PH license is rather loose these days.

5. If you go to the other African Hunting website, you will see a very long thread on a guy that was scammed out of $80,000 by an operator. The PH that sold the hunt to the hunter was banned from this previously for violation of policies. That PH is still selling hunts.

6. As I said in the first post, there are a few good ones in Zambia - DuPloy's and Kirchner. I cannot say anything about the rest. In Zim, I can name a dozen or more that will do what they say. Same for Namibia, Ethiopia, RSA and Moz. Why take a chance when you have better options?

7. As I said earlier, use an agent that will stand by all monies paid. Do not book direct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franklin92

Latest posts