Recommended dangerous game bullets and cartridges?

I am a true believer in NorthFork bullets for anything, however their standard expanding bullet may not give full expansion on smaller ungulates. ( Wildcatter82 please correct me if I am wrong.) If you are using them on the smaller PG try the "Lion" bullet. I think it is called the PP expanding bullet. It will expand better/quicker on the smaller animals.

NF has all the bases covered from small cats to the biggest dangerous game.

Also, Did you know that the ogive. ( bevel on the edge of the nose.) on the NF Cup Point Solid is 13 degrees. This angle was arrived at, through exhaustive testing, as the exact angle to give the largest most permanent wound channel and still feed through a bolt action rifle.

Did you know that the fine driving bands on the NF bullet give excellent internal ballistics and makes the NF bullet good-to-go in double rifles.

The NorthFork bullet and the Cutting Edge Bullet are my favourite bullet for cape buffalo. The CEB solid has the same nose design as the NF solid.
Next buffalo hunt I will be using mostly Peregrine BushMaster VRG3 bullet. This bullet has a plunger in the nose that initiates controls expansion.
I have found that I can adjust the amount of expansion to what I want by adjusting the velocity up or down from 1,800 fps to 2,100 fps. The expansion is always symmetrical. It is a very impressive bullet.

As far as I am concerned the above three bullets are the best for me on cape buffalo.
Hawk bullets look to be designed much like the NF bullets? Any feedback on the Hawks?

I am a true believer in NorthFork bullets for anything, however their standard expanding bullet may not give full expansion on smaller ungulates. ( Wildcatter82 please correct me if I am wrong.) If you are using them on the smaller PG try the "Lion" bullet. I think it is called the PP expanding bullet. It will expand better/quicker on the smaller animals.

NF has all the bases covered from small cats to the biggest dangerous game.

Also, Did you know that the ogive. ( bevel on the edge of the nose.) on the NF Cup Point Solid is 13 degrees. This angle was arrived at, through exhaustive testing, as the exact angle to give the largest most permanent wound channel and still feed through a bolt action rifle.

Did you know that the fine driving bands on the NF bullet give excellent internal ballistics and makes the NF bullet good-to-go in double rifles.

The NorthFork bullet and the Cutting Edge Bullet are my favourite bullet for cape buffalo. The CEB solid has the same nose design as the NF solid.
Next buffalo hunt I will be using mostly Peregrine BushMaster VRG3 bullet. This bullet has a plunger in the nose that initiates controls expansion.
I have found that I can adjust the amount of expansion to what I want by adjusting the velocity up or down from 1,800 fps to 2,100 fps. The expansion is always symmetrical. It is a very impressive bullet.

As far as I am concerned the above three bullets are the best for me on cape buffalo.
For large bores, your comment is valid. Although I will say on a few occasions I have been loaded with SS for buff and ran into a nice plains game animal and went ahead with the shot. Whether or not the SS fully expanded I cannot say, but with a plains game being smoked by a large bore one could argue that is a mute point. But our PP line is indeed designed for cats and plains game. On the previously mentioned safari I took a fine leopard and most of the plains game with the PP.

For smaller bores our SS line is designed to fully expand on smaller ungulates.

Thank you for the comment and support!

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to mention an important point in my above post. The design/shape to the front of the NorthFork and CEB bullet are the key factors in why it has uncommonly deep and straight penetration.
This is right from the developers/designers of the bullet. ( As most of us have come to know, round nose bullets seldom have straight penetration. )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offshore

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]