AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
So I now have four Mauser builds to plan out. As I’m in Canada, parts can be a PITA to get, but apparently now ITAF does apply to orders under $500, so it’s a little bit easier. That being said, Ralf Martini is a Recknagel distributor. Does anyone know how they compare in pricing with NECG in terms of pricing and quality for items like front and rear sights, sling swivels, and pivot mounts vs EAW?

As always, I appreciate any input you guys have!

Bump

Beuller…. Beuller?

I live in the States and have only bought from NECG. Have you contacted Martini? NECG has their pricing on the website—even if you have to order for your model, the pricing is still the same.

I live in the States and have only bought from NECG. Have you contacted Martini? NECG has their pricing on the website—even if you have to order for your model, the pricing is still the same.
I haven’t contacted him yet. Usually there’s an answer for every question on here, so I thought I’d ask before bugging him.

Not looking for exact numbers, just hoping for “in my experience Recknagel was x% more”, or “Recknagel quality is leaps and bounds above others”.

For general quality/technical information and comparison between EAW and Recknagel, I’d call Mark at NECG. I found him to be very helpful with all the questions I had when I was picking out my system.

They don't really make the same things, yes there is some overlap, but you really need parts from both to build a custom mauser.

NECG is full price. Can I beat NECG's prices? Sure can. I can order in Europe and wait 4-12 weeks. And I better be 100% positive in what I ordered, because there are no returns or exchanges on an EU order.

NECG isn't offering good prices, they are offering in-stock inventory. That's what you're paying for and its worth every penny when you need a specific height 30mm rear QD ring and NECG is the only firm in the Americas that has it in stock ready to ship.

I'm thinking you'll want EAW pivot mounts, rechnagel barrel bands/ramps/sights, and probably a rechnagel three position safety for your build. NECG has all of those.

They don't really make the same things, yes there is some overlap, but you really need parts from both to build a custom mauser.

NECG is full price. Can I beat NECG's prices? Sure can. I can order in Europe and wait 4-12 weeks. And I better be 100% positive in what I ordered, because there are no returns or exchanges on an EU order.

NECG isn't offering good prices, they are offering in-stock inventory. That's what you're paying for and its worth every penny when you need a specific height 30mm rear QD ring and NECG is the only firm in the Americas that has it in stock ready to ship.

I'm thinking you'll want EAW pivot mounts, rechnagel barrel bands/ramps/sights, and probably a rechnagel three position safety for your build. NECG has all of those.
This isn’t an exercise in trying to save a buck. Getting parts out of the states to Canada can be a hassle. I can see the prices on NECG’s website, and I have no issue with them. I have no idea what Rechnagel pricing is, so I’m wondering if it’s comparable, or if it’s a bit more is it worth it to avoid export permits. The big question is if there’s a quality advantage one way or another.

Your last paragraph has me wondering if NECG is selling Rechnagel under their own name? All I see on their site is NECG front and rear sights.

They sell Rechnagel and EAW product. Some of the stuff they are selling is made by either or both, others they don't say. You have to read the fine print in the additional details section.

All are of excellent quality suitable for best builds.

They sell Rechnagel and EAW product. Some of the stuff they are selling is made by either or both, others they don't say. You have to read the fine print in the additional details section.

All are of excellent quality suitable for best builds.
Thank you for the insight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preibx

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's