AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, South Africa
So I now have four Mauser builds to plan out. As I’m in Canada, parts can be a PITA to get, but apparently now ITAF does apply to orders under $500, so it’s a little bit easier. That being said, Ralf Martini is a Recknagel distributor. Does anyone know how they compare in pricing with NECG in terms of pricing and quality for items like front and rear sights, sling swivels, and pivot mounts vs EAW?

As always, I appreciate any input you guys have!

Bump

Beuller…. Beuller?

I live in the States and have only bought from NECG. Have you contacted Martini? NECG has their pricing on the website—even if you have to order for your model, the pricing is still the same.

I live in the States and have only bought from NECG. Have you contacted Martini? NECG has their pricing on the website—even if you have to order for your model, the pricing is still the same.
I haven’t contacted him yet. Usually there’s an answer for every question on here, so I thought I’d ask before bugging him.

Not looking for exact numbers, just hoping for “in my experience Recknagel was x% more”, or “Recknagel quality is leaps and bounds above others”.

For general quality/technical information and comparison between EAW and Recknagel, I’d call Mark at NECG. I found him to be very helpful with all the questions I had when I was picking out my system.

They don't really make the same things, yes there is some overlap, but you really need parts from both to build a custom mauser.

NECG is full price. Can I beat NECG's prices? Sure can. I can order in Europe and wait 4-12 weeks. And I better be 100% positive in what I ordered, because there are no returns or exchanges on an EU order.

NECG isn't offering good prices, they are offering in-stock inventory. That's what you're paying for and its worth every penny when you need a specific height 30mm rear QD ring and NECG is the only firm in the Americas that has it in stock ready to ship.

I'm thinking you'll want EAW pivot mounts, rechnagel barrel bands/ramps/sights, and probably a rechnagel three position safety for your build. NECG has all of those.

They don't really make the same things, yes there is some overlap, but you really need parts from both to build a custom mauser.

NECG is full price. Can I beat NECG's prices? Sure can. I can order in Europe and wait 4-12 weeks. And I better be 100% positive in what I ordered, because there are no returns or exchanges on an EU order.

NECG isn't offering good prices, they are offering in-stock inventory. That's what you're paying for and its worth every penny when you need a specific height 30mm rear QD ring and NECG is the only firm in the Americas that has it in stock ready to ship.

I'm thinking you'll want EAW pivot mounts, rechnagel barrel bands/ramps/sights, and probably a rechnagel three position safety for your build. NECG has all of those.
This isn’t an exercise in trying to save a buck. Getting parts out of the states to Canada can be a hassle. I can see the prices on NECG’s website, and I have no issue with them. I have no idea what Rechnagel pricing is, so I’m wondering if it’s comparable, or if it’s a bit more is it worth it to avoid export permits. The big question is if there’s a quality advantage one way or another.

Your last paragraph has me wondering if NECG is selling Rechnagel under their own name? All I see on their site is NECG front and rear sights.

They sell Rechnagel and EAW product. Some of the stuff they are selling is made by either or both, others they don't say. You have to read the fine print in the additional details section.

All are of excellent quality suitable for best builds.

They sell Rechnagel and EAW product. Some of the stuff they are selling is made by either or both, others they don't say. You have to read the fine print in the additional details section.

All are of excellent quality suitable for best builds.
Thank you for the insight

Most of NECG's parts are shipped in from Rechnagel. Mark and crew painstakingly package and convert dimensions from Metric to English. He does have US manufactures that make up his own unique products.
Steve

Unfortunately Recknagel has changed ownership and appears to be shifting focus to the black gun market. I just came up against this on my .22 hornet build. The barrel band swivel stud attachment I want is out of stock with no inventory in sight. We are having to shift plans slightly. Someone may need to fill the gap for these folks.

Mark at NECG has said the same about Recknagel although he said they will keep producing the sight stuff.

That is true but supply is a big challenge given the focus on tacticool.

I know a machinist-gunsmith who has started making front sight beads and rear express sights that fit the Rechnagel dovetails.
He also uses a 3-D printer to provide trial front sight beads of various heights (5/1000 increments)
To dial in the elevation, then machines the exact height.
Steve

I know a machinist-gunsmith who has started making front sight beads and rear express sights that fit the Rechnagel dovetails.
He also uses a 3-D printer to provide trial front sight beads of various heights (5/1000 increments)
To dial in the elevation, then machines the exact height.
Steve
The 3D printing route is actually a pretty cheap and easy way to get the right height

it is. the thinking is machine the rear express v-groove to estimated depth for given front sight height, bead diameter and bullet drop, then dial in with the 3D sight on the rifle, then machine the steel front sight rather than messing with filing in the express, particularly with folding leaves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevin375

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?