Pulling front or back trigger first

Have you considered sending it somewhere else?
Can’t it’s on warranty so this is the importer dealer. They are the one talking to Merkel in Germany. The gunsmith at Mials gun shop is looking at making a part to stop the problem. Merkel say only pull front trigger 1st. Obviously they don’t know in the field u may have soft or solid choice. Grrrr.
 
I shoot shotguns daily and carry double rifles almost permanently .First trigger always .Shoot double trigger shotguns .Bird hunting its outstanding or shoot clay pidgeons its a good practice. DRY firing with caps its a must.Hunt everything with your double. READ Graeme Wrigth books and Mark Sullivan books see all his videos.Or came to Argentina and kill 1000 doves with me
Cheers Dr Juan Pablo Pozzi
 
Should you pull the front trigger or back trigger first when shooting a 458 win mag double rifle (o/u).
Depends what you are doing if hunting u may have solid in left and soft in right. So choose which is needed for a charge or tail shot or side on with other animals on off side. Unfortunately Merkel have made there doubles so u can only shoot front trigger first. If u pull back trigger first it will discharge right barrel. I know as both my 500ne and 450/400 Merkels will do this I have since had a secondary block fitted to 500 so I can choose which trigger to pull.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,428
Messages
1,575,865
Members
170,398
Latest member
AdrianRemb
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top