Powder & Primer Deals Today

RL 26 has not been seen for a couple of years near as I can tell. Likely the best way to get some will be to try and trade for it. Best of luck finding some. It’s the powder I use in my 7 SAUM and 6.5 SS.
Bruce

I've seen RL-26 several times over the past year, traversing Ohio for field projects, mostly 1 pounders (limit one), have seen a single 8 lb jug last winter. A small shop in southeastern Indiana had a few for $65 per pound recently. I wouldn't be driving all over the place unless it involved a company truck while out of town, for sure. It's certainly one of the least common of the Alliant powders I've come across.

IMG_20220208_171535.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had seen this in Sept. I would’ve drove up there.
Always worth a call there. I had a client in Carrollton previously so was in Glaubers every couple months, always stopped in. A couple other gun stores in the area, good for a Saturday visit as some are only open on the weekends.

I think their official name is Southwest Ammunition Supply

Yep and they are closed mondays and tuesdays. Naturally I am passing through mesquite on two consecutive tuesdays.

Yep and they are closed mondays and tuesdays. Naturally I am passing through mesquite on two consecutive tuesdays.

Im planning on going over there on Wednesday....

Anything you want me to look for, for you?

Happy to meet up with you and drop off the next time you're passing through DFW..

I've seen RL-26 several times over the past year, traversing Ohio for field projects, mostly 1 pounders (limit one), have seen a single 8 lb jug last winter. A small shop in southeastern Indiana had a few for $65 per pound recently. I wouldn't be driving all over the place unless it involved a company truck while out of town, for sure. It's certainly one of the least common of the Alliant powders I've come across.

View attachment 496146
@Trogon
If we had that much red dot in a gun shop you could almost name your own price, along with:- H110, 296, Lil'gun, trail boss or any of the faster powders.
Bob

Powder shelves of the Hamburg, PA Cabela's a week ago. If you look at the far right, there's a fair bit of 4064. Check your local Cabela's if you haven't done so recently.

View attachment 491676

missed this post earlier..

Our local cabelas FINALLY has some powder back in stock.. but nothing like that at all.. Maybe 20 cans in total of 8-10 different options.. and no IMR powders of any sort..

things are definitely looks a lot better lately than they have in the last few years.. but certainly not back to "normal" around here in any way..

@Trogon
If we had that much red dot in a gun shop you could almost name your own price, along with:- H110, 296, Lil'gun, trail boss or any of the faster powders.
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen, the pistol powders are becoming pretty common now where I look. Rifle powder availability is getting better. Primers are still hit or miss.

Im planning on going over there on Wednesday....

Anything you want me to look for, for you?

Happy to meet up with you and drop off the next time you're passing through DFW..

Thanks but I’m in Bama. Passing back thru tomorrow after an AZ Coues deer hunt.

Powder shelves of the Hamburg, PA Cabela's a week ago. If you look at the far right, there's a fair bit of 4064. Check your local Cabela's if you haven't done so recently.

View attachment 491676
Theres still a fair selection, but i bought the last can of 4064 today.

Thanks for posting, changed my route to go by there on the chance they still had some and got lucky.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 8.48.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 8.48.54 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
missed this post earlier..

Our local cabelas FINALLY has some powder back in stock.. but nothing like that at all.. Maybe 20 cans in total of 8-10 different options.. and no IMR powders of any sort..

things are definitely looks a lot better lately than they have in the last few years.. but certainly not back to "normal" around here in any way..

Sorry to hear that, mdwest.

It's a shame that shipping powder is a no-go. I could have helped out a good number of folks with the stock they had on the shelves that day.

Seeing RL-22 though at a obnoxious price...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 7.28.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 7.28.34 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 68
Midsouth had quite a bit in stock today-might be worth a look for some of you. I found a couple more common ones I could use-

Natchez has a no hazmat for 2 days if they have what you need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbalikhumalo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with