Post your top five biggest African animals!

I haven't really measured any of mine, nor really care to, but I think these 5 are amongst my best-for-species.

20160521_193502_zpsvxupqhbw.jpg
received_10156733876153338.jpeg
IMG_20180705_121421.jpg
20190731_120705.jpg
20190805_215225.jpg

I’ve only been to Africa once so I’m always really impressed by the adventures that the members of this community have had. I’ll be back. Heck I’d go back every year if I could. I’m not allowed to go by myself after the first trip. My family would disown me. Guess it’ll just take a few more years of saving before I go again. Only took 5 animals myself so here’s my top 5. All animals taken in Limpopo.

#1 Nyala. Taken the last afternoon. I spotted him before the PH did! Not sure how big he is but the PH suggested having him measure by SCI. Love the ivory tips and his teeth were nearly gone and the hair on his neck was getting thin. Proper old bull.
IMG_4710.jpeg

#2 Impala. Taken the first morning after an exciting stalk. Not sure how big but it was suggested that I have it measured. I just love the shape.
IMG_4716.jpeg

#3 kudu. Who doesn’t love kudu? Didn’t measure him. He’s mine. Good representative of the species I believe.
IMG_4717.jpeg

#4 Porcupine. Love porcupines and couldn’t turn this one down.
IMG_4711.jpeg

#5 warthog. Smaller boar. Happy to have taken him. Will look for a better one in the future.
IMG_4715.jpeg

Now the reason I am not allowed back to Africa by myself.

Daughter took some nice animals including two that the PH said we need to have measured. She also took a zebra, impala and springbok.

#1 Blesbok. The PH got excited about this one.
IMG_4712.jpeg

#2 steenbok. Big enough for a couple other PHs to have to ask “who kille that big steenbok?” Around the fire that night.
IMG_4713.jpeg

IMG_4721.jpeg
IMG_4720.jpeg
IMG_4719.jpeg

And my son killed a couple nice animals as well. His favorite was the warthog but now he wants to get a wildebeest slam.

#1 warthog.
IMG_4718.jpeg

#2 Blue Wildebeest.
IMG_4714.jpeg

@Elkeater great post! That nyala is an awesome trophy....old and in his last year probably. Proper trophy and very few would pass him up. Love that you posted your kid's animals also...your daughter's impala has very good mass...and her steenbok is very good.

@Elkeater great post! That nyala is an awesome trophy....old and in his last year probably. Proper trophy and very few would pass him up. Love that you posted your kid's animals also...your daughter's impala has very good mass...and her steenbok is very good.

The kids took some nice animals. That impala was heavy horned and a fair bit beat up. He actually had a split upper lip and nose from fighting and based on the fact that he was alone hiding in the brush I’m thinking he lost that fight.

No way was I passing on that Nyala. My favorite animal I took.

Love the caracal and the honey badger! Now that you've had your face that close to a HB, describe the smell for those in the audience who don't know...
I don't know how my PH got a picture of me smiling. It was horrible the bait smelled better.

Exactly...that tells me you have had your face next to one. Hah. Unbelievable smell but what a cool little bad ass beast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arisha1On

Latest profile posts

Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with
Grz63 wrote on Cecil Hammonds's profile.
Greetings from Clermont -ferrand !!