Politics

This would be great but even if we were to go 100% clean energy tomorrow it wouldn’t do any good while most of the rest of the world (mainly Asia) does absolutely nothing to reduce their use of dirty energy.

Tell that to China about coal.
That's like saying the guy down the road is obese, so I should not watch my own health. Air quality has an immediate effect in our own environment. One can only control what one does themselves. The fact that China, India etc. do not take care of their own environment should not make us not do our part.

Except my fat neighbor doesn't have some infectious disease that would also cause me to be fat.

That's like saying the guy down the road is obese, so I should not watch my own health. Air quality has an immediate effect in our own environment. One can only control what one does themselves. The fact that China, India etc. do not take care of their own environment should not make us not do our part.
No one said or even implied that we shouldn’t take care of our environment, it’s just that even as our pollution goes down other countries nullify that by producing more. Globally pollution rises as other countries become more developed even as our local environment becomes cleaner.

The best thing for climate studies would be to fire all the liberal professorial lemmings in a great education reset. Reset the whole tenured bunch, and provide for parity at a minimum! There is currently no room/no funding for sane studies and resultant policies. It begs the question: who are the real flat earthers today? I say the current leaders in climate change studies...they are running a closed shop. Sure would save a fortune, as well.

No one said or even implied that we shouldn’t take care of our environment, it’s just that even as our pollution goes down other countries nullify that by producing more. Globally pollution rises as other countries become more developed even as our local environment becomes cleaner.
I guess all one can do is "Make America Great" with clean air. :unsure:

I guess all one can do is "Make America Great" with clean air. :unsure:
I’m definitely not MAGA, I will vote forTrump but he was definitely not even my Fourth choice. He just happens to be the lesser of two evils.You have definitely not read or remembered many of my posts.

The climate change argument is old. I still find it fascinating that the slogan had to be modified after Gore destroyed global warming. Yet another feather in the cap of Dems everywhere. Dozens of scientific studies have been proven false just based on timelines the studies provide. Additionally, the climate change proponents absolutely despise the use of nuclear power. Nuclear, perhaps the greenest form of readily available and effective energy on the planet.

This is a tired debate for climate change. The only way cleaner forms of energy will be adopted is through the private sector investing in R&D. Never trust the government to do good work. Sorry, that last sentence was inaccurate. The government is wonderful at collecting taxes.

@Tanks pointed that out, Walz did say it was for shooting trap, do you use heavy recoiling loads for trap? It just sounded odd to me maybe it was the yankee accent LOL. Before any Minnesotans get mad I lived in La Crescent for a few years, before picking up my southern drawl.
Isn't that a semi-auto.....not normally a first choice for trap...one shot per pull. Maybe skeet but most likely choice O/U. My opinion...not a trap guy.

Those two things do not have to be mutually exclusive.
"Retarded" just means developmentally slow, and she is clearly developmentally slow.

I was thinking we were one of the primary leaders in clean energy development.....but that has to be tempered or we end up going extreme in directions that fill out boat with water (mandate EV)

I'd have to go digging for the exact data, but of the last 4 interglacial periods we've had, the one we're currently in has either the lowest or 2nd lowest increase in temps. The 3 preceding the one we're currently in well precede the Pleistocene, so 10s or 100s of thousands of years before the use of subterranean organic compounds as an energy source.

Exactly! I agree with reducing emissions where we can, but I think it is patently absurd to believe that we can affect climate change by doing so. Look at the emissions from one volcanic eruption, and then explain to me how you are going to affect climate change. I’m sorry, but the math doesn’t work.

Exactly! I agree with reducing emissions where we can, but I think it is patently absurd to believe that we can affect climate change by doing so. Look at the emissions from one volcanic eruption, and then explain to me how you are going to affect climate change. I’m sorry, but the math doesn’t work.
You're attempting to use reason in a religious argument?

IMG_0520.jpeg

Some perspective (from IEA.org).

Have you seen any of Bjorn Lomborg's talks on it? He thinks it's happening, maybe we're the cause, the the popularly prescribed medicine is going to kill the patient.

Reactions: WAB
Have you seen any of Bjorn Lomborg's talks on it? He thinks it's happening, maybe we're the cause, the the popularly prescribed medicine is going to kill the patient.

There’s no doubt that the earth is warming. I have seen no evidence that human activity is the cause, and I have certainly seen no evidence that human efforts can reduce the rate of temperature increase. We would be far better served to focus our efforts on how to deal with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatherineE

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!